Tiptoeing Secrets

"The base is in the air"
Rose words echoed within the now silent meeting room that we all have gathered.
Nari was quietly clinging to my side listening intently.
Candace cleared her throat before repeating herself.
"Trackers show that Alhaithums base is airborne, perhaps a plane or some type of high building. Although he tricky part is that it moves which rules out the idea of it being a building"
My head spins to this conclusion.
We had been monitoring the area of activity for quite some time although we could not pin point it's exact location.
This makes sense now as if his base was airborne that would be the reason we can't locate a specific point.
I wrap my arm around Naris shoulders and Getty carcass it before answering Candace's statement.
"That makes sense although we need ideas on how to penetrate such a thing. If it's him it will be fortified beyond what we have seen. Years of searching and this is the closest we have come. This can't be taken lightly"
Dehya stepped forward, hands firmly pressed against the large map of the states.
"I completely agree we need a good game plan"
She began letting her insane mind race as she thought up some obscure plan that I didn't want to know.
Nilou raised her hand before speaking.
"The time I spent with Alhaithum showed me quite a couple good details that might help"
Candace gave her a encouraging look, ushering her to continue with her input.
Everyone listened as if a bomb was about to explode in the large circular room.
"He had this weapon of some sort, almost like a magic that he used. It wasn't like anything I had ever seen. If I had to describe it I would use the noun mirrors. He would use it to almost disappear into thin air and flicker through people. It's very dangerous"
A weapon?
Magic?
Nari clung tighter to my side, burring his face into my forearm.
I pulled him in-front of me, hugging him tight so he could hide in my chest.
Candace spoke once again.
"You saw him use this? How?"
It was calm as to not overwhelm my still traumatised sister.
She gulped and replied.
"Yeah- he used it in some of his men. Almost like practice. I would see them and then I wouldn't. They would disappear into the brilliant shards of green diamonds reflecting every ounce of light"
Her head hung low as she reminisced.
I pointed to my body guard and had them help her to her room.
That would have been to much for her in one day.
Once she left Dehya yelled.
"She could have told us this before !?! Why now? When we are so close!"
She slammed her fist down on the table and Nari squeaked.
I was the first to retaliate.
"Dehya your out of line. Nilou has been struggling enough she was kidnapped for fuck sake. Calm the fuck down your scaring Nari"
I brushed his hair gently as his body tensed.
Dehya started to loose her temper even more.
"Not my fault you brought your stupid boyfriend with you! I don't care! The fact is we spent ages looking for that thing and we find out now that Haithum is some fucking Harry Potter fan or something"
Everyone was shocked at her performance.
I was appalled and spoke in an unemotional manner.
"Candace escort her out please until she calms down"
Candace nodded and grabbed Dehyas arm, dragging her away to their now shared bedroom.
I rubbed Naris back carefully before lifting his heavy head up to face mine.
His little tear stained cheeks that were red from the heat of being to close to me.
"It's okay darling. She didn't mean it. People get frustrated from time to time"
Bringing a hand up I wiped the drying tears from his face and leant down to leave a soft kiss in his forehead.
"This will all work out okay? We will end Alhaithum so we can all live safely I promise"
He gave me a soft smile, eyes drifting to the floor before replying softly.
"Yeah it will be. I trust you"
I smiled and gave him a small peck on the lips before pulling him back into the hug.
It'll all be okay.
I won't let you go.