Almost There

Sometimes my kisses go on those heavy vessels

that cross the sea towards no arrival.

I see myself forgotten like those old anchors.

- Pablo Neruda.

____________________________________________

Yet once again, Sebastian found himself in front of another hospital. He had been wandering around in the hospitals since she disappeared from his life after unexpectedly vanishing his heart away from him.

She was probably a thief, he discovered. Or else how could someone so naive looking had done it in a matter of just a night.

His phone began ringing right after he entered the hallway of the large hospital. He looked around and was impressed. No wonder it was one of the famous hospitals in the city. He had researched all about the existing hospitals in the city and looked up a huge number of doctors and nurses on the internet. But no sign of her so far.

Ignoring the irritating ringing of his phone Sebastian lifted his head upwards with closed eyes sending a silent prayer to the almighty above. He didn't want to face failure yet again. He hoped he would find her here, if he did he would make sure to never let her go.

He would hold her that tightly to him.

He was standing a few feet away from the front entrance in front of a pillar where people entering would not bump in to him in the rush. Oliver had a cousin working as a nurse in this hospital, Sebastian waited for her as he shuffled on his feet there.

At last he decided to pick up the call. He wasn't surprised to see the person's name on the screen. Oliver. He had been calling Sebastian day and night whining about how difficult it was to find Violet. Though Sebastian was ignoring his calls every now and then - he was deeply grateful to this slightly crazed friend of his. It was his sheer luck that he got such a dedicated and loyal friend who would chew your brain out but if you're troubled would not think twice to give their life for you.

"What is it Oliver? What now?" Sebastian asked coolly.

In reply he heard Oliver moan, probably in pain. "Seb my friend!"

A frown formed on Sebastian's forehead. "You alright Oliver?"

"No, I'm not!" Oliver croaked. "That anklet, that thing just almost killed me Seb." Oliver added.

Sebastian stayed quite letting Oliver moan and groan pathetically again, he figured Oliver would spill the whole story out anyways even if he wasn't asked.

And he was proved right.

"You know what happened! I saw this woman wearing anklets passing by the pavement and it was pure instinct man. Just like you - I used my psychological shit and discovered that she should be your Violet."