xxx. the book on the bed

THE BOOK ON THE BED

     THE SUN HAD LONG SINCE SET BEHIND the horizon when Serena realized it was time for her to return to her chambers, and although she offered to make the journey alone she was thankful for the prince's insisted assistance as she had never steppe...

     THE SUN HAD LONG SINCE SET BEHIND the horizon when Serena realized it was time for her to return to her chambers, and although she offered to make the journey alone she was thankful for the prince's insisted assistance as she had never stepped foot on the side of the palace she was currently at.

Handing him his book, she watched as Loki got up and placed it back on the shelf before turning around and extending a hand to help her from her seat. She accepted the offer, rolling her eyes at such antics before shivering as a cold shock went down her back. She sucked in a chilled breath while rubbing at her arms, only wishing her dress were made of a thicker material.

Taking note of her tremble and the slight chattering of her teeth, Loki politely asked, "Are you cold? I could lend you something?" He could already hear the refusal spilling from her lips as she began to shake her head.

"Don't bother, once we start walking I will heat up." She replied, still rubbing at her arms as she walked towards his chamber door.

Loki persisted through a troubled expression, "It is no big deal, honestly." He gently snagged ahold of her as she walked past him, effectively stopping her from having a chance to open the door, "Wait right here I will grab you something."

She finally gave in. "If you insist."

Loki grinned, satisfied with himself before holding up a finger to say, give me one moment. It did not take long for him to dash inside his closet and pull one of his cloaks from the rack. He hardly cared which one he lent as they were all practically the same, though purposely chose one of his more expensive ones made of a thicker material.

Hurrying back he handed it to her with a pleased look on his face. "You could keep it if you need one, I have plenty."

Serena looked at the heavy fabric in her hands for a second, "Are you sure?" She asked softly, eyes meeting his skeptically.

The way she was looking at him made Loki's heart beat quicker. He ignored it and nodded, "Yes, of course, I mean, who does not like green?"

"Losers!" she joked while pulling the material around her shoulders and fastening the golden hooks. She then wrapped herself up as though in a blanket before smiling warmly at Loki, even more thankful for his generosity now that she wasn't shivering. "I think it would only be fair if I gave you one of my dresses now."

"You know, I was just thinking the same thing! I will take one in green to replace my cloak." He teased her, evoking a fetching laugh. Leading her towards the door he held it open for her to step through before following suit, closing it behind him with a soft click. "Which floor?" Loki added as an afterthought.

Serena feigned a look of guilt, "I'm afraid I do not own any in green." She admitted and from beside her came a horrid gasp that made her grin. "And the sixth, west wing."