Chapter 9

"Hey Am," I hear a familiar voice. "Am! Wake up!" I feel a smack on my face.

"What the?" I woke up to a pillow smashed on my face. 

"Wakey wakey, baby sister," I hear Chris's voice teasing me. 

"Chris?" I immediately threw the pillow aside and looked at the owner of the voice standing right in front of my eyes, opening the curtains.

"Chris!" I yelled his name as tears roll down my eyes. I ran to him and hugged him.

"What?" He sounded astonished. 

"Where the hell were you?" I drew back and looked at his face. "Here let me have a good look." I cupped his face and then pinched him.

"Ouch!" He complained. 

"Oh, you're real!" I heaved a sigh of relief. 

"What the hell's wrong with you?" he asked, removing my hands from his cheeks.

All the events that took place swirled in my mind and I started to ugly cry.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Where the hell have you been? I've been so worried." I hit him, "I was so scared... You weren't there... and..." 

"Hey, hey!" he stopped my hands before they could hit him anymore, he toned his voice down as he saw me cry, "What's wrong? Did you have a nightmare?" He asked me with concern.

"Nightmare?" I looked at him wiping my tears, "Was that really a nightmare?" I asked looking around, we were in my room in New Zealand.

"Aww, come here," He wrapped me in his arms and I hugged him back tightly. 

"Everything's fine now," He whispered as he kissed my forehead, "anyway, freshen up and come outside, dad's preparing breakfast for us." He said cupping my face.

"Dad?" I cocked my head in confusion.

"I told you I met our dad, didn't I?" He smiled as he held my hand, "come," He pulled me along and took me to the kitchen. 

"Good morning, my babies," I found dad in the kitchen, wearing an apron, preparing breakfast. 

"Dad..." tears streamed down my eyes again. 

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asked me with a worried look. When I didn't answer, he looked at my brother. 

"I don't know," he shrugged, "She had a nightmare, I guess," He answered hugging me from behind. Patting my head, he consoled me. I turned around and hugged him again. 

"Aww, you're turning into a baby now?" He laughed as he hugged me back. 

"Come let's have breakfast," He walked me to the dining table, "here set the table," He patted my head with the plates in his hands, but I refused to let him go. 

"Now, Am, don't be such a baby and help out," He said, I looked up to meet his eyes, "Come on," He nudged. 

"Fine," I sulked as I took the plates from him, I turned to set the table but my eyes widened in horror as the last man I ever wanted to see was there, the plates slipped from my hands, and the pieces scattered on the floor. 

"You..." My voice trembled in fear.

"Hey, Am," the devil waved at me.

***

I gasped for air, everything was dark and my eyes snapped open.

A white ceiling came into my view, the morning sun had lit the room, I felt a damp cloth touch me, and I jolted up.