Chapter 21

Natalie was lazying around in her bed. She was awake but too lazy to get off from bed. The sudden knock on her door startled her, "No one is supposed to be here this early," She thought to herself as everyone in this place now knew she wasn't an early bird so no one disturbed her until she walked out of the room by herself. 

Scratching her head, "yes?" She responded. 

"It's me," a deep voice answered. Her eyes were now wide open, even though she heard him speak one time. She knew this was his voice.

She jumped out of the bed and quickly rushed to the mirror. She hurriedly brushed her bed hair and wiped the drool off her face. 

"Natalie?" He knocked again. 

"Coming!" she yelled, as she had one last look in the mirror. She wasn't looking her best, but at least looked presentable enough. She ran to the door and paused. Taking a deep breath, she opened the door. "Hi!" She waved at him. 

"Can I come inside?" He asked. She frowned, looking back at her room, but the room was presentable enough thanks to the housemaids. She then looked at him and smiled. "Sure."

Her eyes lingered on him as he entered her room. The first day she saw him, he was in a light-colored suit, but today he wore a casual black T-shirt that enhanced his muscular body. She was literally undressing him in her mind. 

"Nate?" He raised a brow at her with a hint of a playful smile on his face as if he had just read her mind. 

She liked the sound of it, 'Nate' sounded much more intimate than the full name he had called her by before entering the room. 

"Nate?" He called her again, this time with a stern face. 

"Yes?" She looked at him removing all dirty thoughts from her mind, What the hell, Nat? What has gotten into you?  She had dated numerous men but he... just the way he looked at her made her feel things. Hold your horses, Nat, you've only met him once!

And? Her subconscious self retorted. 

She was struggling with herself, she wasn't sure why she felt so attracted to this man, he was attractive, sure, but the things she felt for a man she just met, that was insane. 

The next thing that rolled out of his mouth shattered every image that popped into her mind. 

"Grab your things, you're leaving," He told her.

"leaving? Where?" She asked.

"You and your friend are both going back to your country," he answered. 

"But I just came here!" She protested. 

"Bad luck, you shouldn't have met me," he shrugged, ".... then you might've gotten to stay a little longer," He muttered the last line which she failed to catch. 

"Why?" She peered into his face making him stumble back a little, "I'm glad to have met you." 

"Great, now it's time to leave." He said removing himself from her close presence. 

"But Amy won't be leaving so easily," Natalie smirked at the thought, she knew her best friend better than anyone, she definitely won't leave without Chris and especially not when she had no information on Chris's whereabouts. 

"Who is telling her? She doesn't need to know" Nikolai told her. 

"Then why are you telling me?" She asked.

"Cause this is our last goodbye." He looked at her with an unreadable expression. 

This is what bothered her, this exact thing, there was nothing between them but his words, his eyes, everything told her there was much more to it.