Chapter 16

"Mikhail," I called his name as I touched his forehead. It was burning. I almost yelped as his eyes snapped open as he caught hold of my wrist. "Hey Mikhail," I called out to him again, his face relaxed. "It's just you..." he muttered as he loosened his grip.

He then slowly raised his hand and placed it on my cheek. I blinked in surprise. "I'm glad you're fine." He smiled at me and my heart skipped a beat. I didn't know how to respond... his eyes looked so... "Mmm... thank you..." I muttered, "But I don't think you're fine, you seem to have a fever." I told him. 

"I see." He hummed as he closed his eyes.

"Mikhail?" I called out his name, but he was unconscious. 

I dashed to Yulia's room and banged on the door, "Yulia? Yulia!" 

"Hey, what's wrong?" She opened the door yawning, rubbing her eyes. She looked at me. 

"It's Mikhail, he's down with a fever. Can you get me a thermometer? Also, please call the doctor for me, also can someone bring me a bowl of water, a large bowl please?" I told her before running back to his room. 

I looked around for a towel or any cloth, but there wasn't any. Where's the closet? I searched his room and found a door, opening the door I walked into his closet, perfect, I nodded as I grabbed a hand towel, this will do, I nodded, my eyes then stopped on the bathroom which was further inside connected to the closet. I went to the washbasin and thoroughly soaked the towel and wrenched it and rushed back to his side and wiped the sweat off his face. I hesitated a little but started to unbutton his shirt, wiping his chest, I turned him back only to check on his wound, removing the tape I checked for any bleeding but it was clean, thank goodness, I heaved a sigh of relief, at least it's not infected. I need some tape to patch him up again. 

I looked up and realized no one was there yet, what the hell have been doing? I went across the room and before I could yell Yulia's name she was there, "What took you so long? Come on in," I told her but she hesitated.

"What?" I asked looking at her troubled face, behind her I saw a housemaid standing with a bowl of water in her hands. The doctor with other guards was also standing behind her.

"What are you standing there for? Come on in," I urged them.

"We're not allowed," Yulia said in a low voice.

"What?" I couldn't believe my ears. Wait, she did tell me no one was allowed inside his room except for himself, I realized I was already in, and I scratched my head, "He's sick so some on in," I told her. 

"It'll cost us our life," One of the guards spoke.

"Right now, it's costing him his," I rolled my eyes at him, but they refused to enter, "okay, fine... Doctor, he can come in right?" I looked at the doctor but he refused to take even a step forward. 

"You must be kidding me," I was baffled, "He could be dying right now!" I yelled at them. 

"Rules are rules." The other guard spoke up.

"Seriously?" I glared at him, he cast his eyes down. "Okay, fine, just give me it." I took the first aid box from Yulia's hand and tossed it onto his bed and came back for the bowl of water. "Thank you, but stay right here, in case I need you," I told them and went inside. 

I first patched up his wound and checked the temperature, hmm, I nodded, he needs a fever reducer, I looked up for the medicine and looked at the man lying in front of me, I looked at the door and shook my head, "damn you all!" I cursed them as I struggled to make him sit, "So heavy," I fell on his chest. "Damn you!" I looked up and glared at him.