Chapter 20

The loud sound of the thunder woke him up from his nightmare. The wall clock showed three in the morning. Wiping the sweats off his face, he glanced at the bottles of useless medications, which never helped him with his insomnia. His eyes then stopped on the date marked on the calendar, his face turned grim. He knew he wasn't getting any sleep, especially tonight. He tossed his duvet aside, walked into his bathroom, and stood under the cold water. As the drops hit him, he closed his eyes. 

Combing his hair back, as he moved to his closet, he left traces of his steps on the floor. He then stopped right in front of his wardrobe, moving his clothes one by one. He stared at his all-black suit, which was always reserved for today's date. Dorning the mourning clothes, he went out, disappearing in the night's darkness. 

***

"Come in," Amethyst answered the knock on her door. 

"Where should I keep them?" Yulia kicked the door open as she asked Amethyst about the cartoons of fabric in her hands. Behind her, a few other men brought in a few other cartoons.

"You can keep them here," Amethyst rushed to her side as she helped her with the box. She showed them the area she had turned into her mini workplace. 

She thanked the men who had helped bring the box into her room, and she then went through the fabrics she had ordered. She touched them, meticulously feeling the texture, the color, and texture, both were of fine quality. Amethyst wasn't happy about not being able to personally shop for the fabrics but she nodded as she agreed with the quality of service and was also impressed by the quick delivery. 

"I wasn't expecting them to be here already." She muttered as she went through other boxes. 

"I told you Mikhail will arrange it for you." Yulia smiled happily. 

"Fine, I can give him the credit," Amethyst shrugged as she made a face at her, "But I haven't seen him anywhere today." She mentioned.

"Come to think of it, neither have I," Yulia pondered, and then she paused, "oh wait, I don't think he'll be returning home tonight," She heaved a sigh. 

"Why?" Amethyst asked with concern, Yulia looked at her in surprise. 

"Just asking casually," Amethyst immediately defended her act of concern, "None of my business, anyway," She shook her head as she laid out the fabric on the table, none of my business, yeah, she reminded herself as she held her scissor. 

Her hands worked skillfully on the pieces of the fabric, and with the help of measurement tape, she cut the cloth in a precise manner. Her mind ran back to last night, she had been woken by the thunder, the jar in her room had run out of water and she was on her way to get a refill from the kitchen, that's when she saw him absentmindedly walking out of the mansion. 'None of my business,'  She reminded herself again.

Working on the few pieces of the dress, she smiled at the mannequin, but her smile vanished as a certain person's thought crossed her mind again, I don't think he'll be returning home tonight. 

"Argh!" She scratched her head in frustration, just stop thinking about him, she scolded herself as she constantly found herself looking out of the window looking for his arrival, what frustrated her more was that he was interrupting her progress with the dress, never had she ever been this distracted while working and what she hated the most was that he was making her do that today!

"Nuh-uh," She shook her head, "You don't have any influence over me, nah," She shook her head, as she drowned herself more in her work to avoid any of his thought occupying any spot in her mind. 

The loud knock on her door made her flinch, she rubbed her eyes as she lifted her head from the table, "When did I fall asleep?" She looked around, she then realized it was already dark, glancing at the clock she gasped, it was past midnight. She then looked at her assignment, "Oh you've turned out better than I imagined," She smiled at the almost complete birthday gift for Yulia, it had been ages since she focused on her work like this, but she was happy with the progress, and also with the fact that she might actually complete it by tomorrow.