Chapter 7: planning the counter attack

"So this person went to school with you and is planning an attack on the school because of something that happened in the past?" Chen Dong otherwise known as Electric Arrow asked the boys as he tried to comprehend what the boys had witnessed at the training grounds. Reece then confirmed and then asked his step-sister brook if she picked up anything from the student identification yet. "well I found out that the student's name was Lane Atkinson does that name ring a bell to any off you?" Brook asked the boys before she saw Reece's face turn from concern to worry in an instant. "That's um my ex from a few years back, I didn't think that he would know about the whole moving thing." Reece said trying to cover up the real reason he didn't tell his ex-boyfriend about the reason he wanted to end things.

"So you and lane Atkinson were a thing a few years back and now he's somewhat out for revenge?" Keon asked Reece. Leo also looks at Reece puzzled at the predicament that was put in front of the boys. "I think he's trying to seek revenge on me I'm the reasons he's been hunting you guys." Brook tells the guys including Chen dong. Then brook tells the boys the story of how she put Knitemare behind bars. The story includes something about a fight that took the life of the person Brooklyn loved or rather she thought that she loved, before things went sour. At the end of the battle all Brook could do was fight her way and make sure that Knitemare would never forget the day he messed with Ice warrior and the original warriors. "And at the end of the battle the team was pretty shaken by the whole thing, but that first fight only made us stronger in the end." Brook continued telling the boys as she wrapped up her story.

"So what your saying is that no matter how bad things get we have to stick together and fight until we're battered and bruised and can't fight anymore?" Leo asked as he was completely con fused to the whole thing. "Yes, but you also have to make sure that you work together as a team and have everyone's back in the team and never let anything get in the way of the team." Electric Arrow (Aka Chen dong) told the boys. Then he said that the boys had to be ready for what Knitemare's son had in store for the boys on their homecoming night. "Why don't we start with picking out our team name?" Keon asked both Leo and Reece after the remark by Electric arrow. Reece and Leo agreed that they should come up with a name before things get too serious with in the team.

After that day the training with the boys got even more intense. During the school day the boys started feeling more and more of their powers expanding. As the weeks went by so did the training for the young soon-to-be heroes. "All right now the most important thing to do during an attack is to launch a very skilled yet very planned counter attack." Chen dong said as he began the training session for the day. Chen continued telling the boys that to work together as a team they need to learn to communicate with each other rather than communicate at each other. During the session the boys tried really hard to communicate with one another, but all their attempts fell flat.

The next day at school the boys decided to have a little team meeting inside the school's library. "Okay what's wrong with us we always work well together as a team don't we?" Leo asked the group as things between the boys started to get more and more intense. "well I think that whole thing with the portal kind of freaked us out." Reece said to the group. Then Keon chimed in by stating that what he saw can leave very little room for trust. "So what are you saying that things between us are going to get worse if we don't start working together?" Reece asked the group as he started to feel like there was something bad around them again. "Reece is everything all right?" Keon asked as he saw Reece's eye light up again. Just then Leo saw a hooded figure just like the one they had met a few days prior, he then motioned to the other boys to start the plan in motion. "yeah and I think that we really should think about who we trust at the end of the day." Leo said sternly.

Keon chimed in by stating that, what he said wasn't meaning that they shouldn't trust each other. "well it sounds like something you would say around people like me isn't it?" Leo said sternly before getting up to leave for his next class. "What was that about?" Reece asked Keon as both of the boys watched Leo walk away from the group. "I don't know, but hopefully both of you can work out whatever issue you had before the night of homecoming got it." Keon said sternly as he then leaves for the rest of the school day. Just then another mysterious voice appeared to Reece but this time it sounded like a woman's voice. "you don't need them Reece they're just in your way with everything that you can achieve." The voice said as Reece started to get up and head to his next class.

As the day winded down the boys headed to the lab to help out Brooklyn before they headed to training. Keon arrived at the lab just as Brook was about to finish up with her expo presentation. "Hey you're here early babe." Brooklyn said as she noticed Keon was a few minutes early. "hey you're here early is everything all right sweetie you look flushed?" Brooke said as she walked up to Keon and kissed him hello. Keon then explained the whole thing about what happened with Reece and Leo and how they thought that the other couldn't be trusted. "Don't worry things will eventually come around okay?" Brook told Keon as they checked to make sure that the boys weren't going to be walking in on them. Then they started making out with each other, just then Keon heard the backway entrance open up. "I think I hear the other boys." Keon said as he and Brooklyn are in the middle of a make-out session.

Then as both Keon and Brooke were pulling away from each other Reece walked in with Leo and saw Brooke and Keon near each other. "um did we miss something or were those two just making out?" Leo asked Reece as they both almost witnessed Keon and Brooke embracing each other. Reece then exclaimed that he didn't really know sarcastically to Leo's question. "Well I don't think that they were discussing the part about how to launch a counter attack on what my ex-boyfriend has planned." Reece said very sinically.

"well maybe if you two weren't too busy agreeing over the fact than maybe we might be someplace with this right about now!" Keon told the boys sternly. Just then Brooke interjected by saying that the boys shouldn't waste their training time on petty squabbles. She also told the boys that they sounded like her and her ex-best friend their last few years of high school. "All right then to start this training we have to start with Leo and the lightning." Brooke told the boys as both Reece and Keon gave each other an uncertain look. "Show why do we to go over the whole me and lightning thing?" Leo asked Brooke as she lead him over to a disc-like object inside the lab.

She then directed Leo to stand on the disc-like object and try to use his lightning like he did when he got his powers. Leo hesitantly agreed as he tried to go back to the state he was in at the beginning. "Okay so you, me, Brooke, and Leo know the plan right?" Reece whispered to Keon as Leo tried to use his powers on the floor disc. Keon agreed to what Reece said and the both of them continued watching Leo as he a starts to reach full capacity with his powers. Just then Keon, Brook, and Reece all saw a flash of lightning like they did before. Then the physical changes that were on Leo before appeared once more.

Both Reece and Keon saw that Leo's hair changed from his natural hair to the dark with an electric blue streak. The eyes changed from the natural turquoise to electric blue. As the transformation came to an end the lightning died down, the boys saw something else had changed as well. "What happened did something go wrong with the?" Leo began to say a he looked down at his outfit. Then they all looked pretty stunned and amazed as Brooke was beginning to give an explanation. "So this is what I wanted to show you guys." Brooklyn began to explain. "You guys will might have your own powers, but as a team these suits will help with battles." Brooklyn said as she pointed out the boy's new suits.

The suits were a mix of black, dark red, dark blue or dark yellow-ish orange-ish leather, one for each of the boys. The suits were very equipped to work with the boy's powers. The black and dark blue mixed leather was equipped to work with Leo's electrokinesis. There was one that was dark red and black leather that was equipped just for Keon and his Pyrokinesis. The last one with dark yellow-ish orange-ish mixed with black was fit to pair with Reece and hi thermokinesis. "These are the suits that you will be wearing into battle with Knightmare's son whose name is yet to be determined." Brooklyn said. Then Leo noticed Reece eyes glowing again and gets worried.

"um I think that he might be listening to us so what are we going to do?" Leo asked with worriment stitched in his voice. Then the rest of the team (Brooklyn, Leo. Keon and Reece) looked at each other with a knowing look. "So we put the plan into motion right now?" Keon asked the group. Then both Reece and Leo started to question whether or not Keon was actually on their side as the both gave him and Brooklyn the signals to keep going with the plan. Just like that things heated up between the team or so the Knightmare's son thought. Little did he know that the counter attack was already set in motion.