chapter 3: the training begins

As Brooke got to the training grounds with the three boys she began to think to herself. How the hell am I going to turn a jock, a science nerd/ pretty boy of his class, and the class clown who can apply himself a little more into a team who can work together. She needed to come up with a plan and fast there were a few problems, but she finally came up with a plan. She told the boys that grounds were where she once got her start. "what do you mean?" Leo asked Brooklyn but Brooke only responded with a simple "I mean I've trained here before."

after the Brooke and the boys reached the top of the mountain they were greeted by Brooke's old teacher. "hello my old student come with new learners I see." He said as he started to welcome the three boys to the sacred grounds in which many have trained. The three newly super trio followed Brooke to grounds to meet with her old teacher.

As they reached the top Reece questioned Brooke where they were. "this was where I would come to, get insight on how the world of the superhero works." Leo could tell she was lying, almost like she was hiding something from the three newly superheroes in training. Just then as Leo was about to ask her what she knew about the superhero that got into a pretty nasty fight. Brooke just looked at him and said that she knew that frostbite had to hang up her cape and let the powers inside subsides. However, she never lost the ability to be a good hero and to train a lot of the day to get back to the way she was when she was the towns protector. She swore that even when pressed about her pas she wouldn't reveal who she really was.

As they got to the grounds an older looking tall man stood before them as he greeted Brooke. "hello there my young former student." He said in a soft, but firm voice. "greetings master I have brought with me a few new heroes for you to help that I have created." Brooke said nervously.

The man just stared at her with the look of shock and utter bewilderment. It's almost like he didn't believe her at first then he opened his mouth and said this. "What can each of you do and how can I help with their training?" When the master asked the boys that each of them felt nervous about this trial. Leo was the first one to bravely step forward and showed the man what happened to his appearance.

As he showed his new appearance the man slowly walked up and spoke to Leo in a calm voice. "this is one of the most remarkable things I've ever seen since well a former student of mine." Then he asked Leo how he got to this state and how he would be able to help with controlling the three newbies abilities. When asked Leo tried to go back to his former state but he couldn't quite concentrate on what he tried to do.

"Remember concentrate on what it is you want to do Leo and let everything else in your mind be a complete blank." Brooke said to him as her former teacher looked at her in amazement. "spoken like a true student of mine." He said to her as he turned back to Leo and the boys to help them with their training. Leo then tries to concentrate as he transforms back into his former self as lightning flashes all around him. "Wow this is remarkable, but listen to me boys like I told all of my former students with great power comes even greater responsibility." He said to the boys as he got started training them for using their new earned powers as a team.

The man then said to the boys that they would need to train to get theirs powers to do what they are instructed. "all right once the three o you have mastered the control of your powers then you can control them." The man said to the boys. As the boys each stepped forward to present what they can do, the older wise man gave them each a piece of advice for how to use their powers for good.

As the training began the three boys were put through a series of rigorous tests to see how each one would use their powers to hit their intended target. As each of the boys stepped up they were tested by how much they could control their new found powers. Then something happened that left the others speechless. As Reece stepped up he was thrown an object he tried to use his new found thermokenesis to try and deflect it, but instead a huge shield appeared to protect him.

"Did you see that Brooke?" Leo asked Brooke as both of them and Keon look on in utter amazement. "um what just happened?" Reece asked the others as well as the slender looking wise man. "you have unlocked a way to connect your powers to your minds vision." The man said to Reece. "So I have more than one type of superpower?" Reece asked, Brooke stepped up and told him that all three of the boys may have more than one type of power. "I knew what I was doing, but I never thought it would work this well."

When she said that all the boys could stare at each other in disbelief. Then Leo stepped up to ask the man about how he could control his powers and the way he can transform in and out of the state he was in at the lab. "when you enter that state you are in you have the power to control electricity, but you can also have the powers of electricity to travel to places faster than no one that I know can, and use the heat that was given to you to see the ultraviolet that the others can't." the man told Leo. When he said that Leo's face was in total shock, as was the others Brooke then stepped forward and gave the boys one last piece of advice before the real training as a team together could begin. "all right now I have an engagement of business to get to, but always remember separated the powers you gained are strong, but if you work hard and listen to the person who knows the most about what to do and how to do it together you will succeed and you will work as a team." Brooke said to the boys as her message rang loud and clear in their heads as she left the boys with her old hero trainer.

"All right now let's begin the training shall we?" The man asked the three boys as they all looked at each other in agreement even though they had never worked together as a team in almost forever. As the training got under way the three boys tried but failed every test that was put in front of them. As soon as the last test was given the teacher gave the boys a tactic that they could use during a battle. AS the lesson for the tem got underway the old teacher to Brooke put blindfold over the eyes of each of the boys.

"Okay why are you doing this again?" Reece asked the man. The wise old man said that it would help the teens sense any danger that comes their way no matter where it's coming from. First up was Reece the man instructed the young man to use the thermokensis to make a shield like he did earlier but failed to activate it on time. As soon as the first day of training was complete the boys went back to Reece's house to try and practice some of the things that the sensei taught them.

"so how was your first day?" Brooke asked as she comes home from her run. Reece told her that it was a lot harder to focus when trying to work as a team than working alone than he thought. "Well, you remember the story of the Surge squadron right? Or should I say the end and destruction of the Surge squadron." Brooke began to tell her step brother as he was finishing up trying to use his mind to control his powers.

"Yeah I've heard about that why did you know one of the hero's in the squad?" Reece asked. Then he realized how she knows about the squad. "Were you apart of the squad Brooke? Wait were you who I think you were?" Reece asked his step-sister as she walked into the house to get something out from her room. Brooklyn's room was a somewhat by the book sci-fi room with different types of science books and college level textbooks, but there was one book inside her bookshelf. As she left her room with the item in her hand she looked back on the picture frame near her window as she knew that revealing her secret would cost her a lot.