1

Opening up the entrance door, coming home from another exhausting day at work,  just to see your roommate using your shared Netflix account to watch… a vampire anime? “I thought you were over your twilight faze? Why are you watch an anime version? Didn't 't you have an assignment due today?” you sternly reminded your roommate.

She had a bad habit of procrastinating, using any excusable reason possible. Your roommate whose name is Ella looked at you as if she had been attacked by a bunch of arrows. “Hey, I wrote 2 WHOLE pages. There's only 1 more left. I deserve a break!“ Ella started whining at you while you went to put your jacket and shoes away.

“Not everyone has the chance to work as soon as their bachelor's degree is done.” you heard her mumble, not expecting you to hear her.

 “Yeah yeah,  just keep pouting, only to procrastinate more hun.” You didn't bother to turn around and see her pouting, striding towards your bedroom.  You wanted to laugh at her actions when she threw herself onto your back whing about how mean you were. It's was like living with a puppy. You don't  know how you both even became close friends. Especially when you both have completely different personalities, kinda like the sun and moon. But somehow…it works?

“Hey, you know this was THE anime back in the days. After twilight this was my new show on replay. Well…until I realized the main couple were siblings...ew” Ella shivered in disgust when I looked at her in surprise.

“Wait hold up, what? Sibling?? Gurl, you better be joking. There is no way you were watching incestuous romance at twelve years old! What the heck was your family doing??!” You saw her cheeks start to flush. You really wanted to laugh, but forced it in. Ella started blushing furiously, denying about the knowledge and stopped watching the series as soon as it was revealed they were siblings.

You couldn’t hold your laughter back anymore and fell down, letting out a huge sound of laughter, with tears threatening to stream down your eyes.

“AHAHAHAHAHA you never fail to make me laugh. Seriously, that’s hilarious. And you're watching it now? Why, did you miss watching the forbidden love they had for each other? Don’t let me hold you back. Keep watching. Just make sure to send your essay right after.”  

You couldn't stop letting out amused sounds from your chest when your roommate looked like she was going to explode from embarrassment. It's really fun teasing her. You just can't stop after doing it once.

“Can you stop laughing? I was trying to be a good friend, you know help you relax after working so hard on the reascent case.  Look I even bought your favorite wine and drink! STOP being so mean to me!” her nose flared, again you wanted to laugh.

You looked at her with a puzzled expression. “You wanted to watch it with me? Why? You know I'm not a big fan of anime when there's romance in it. And after the sibling thing…yeah, there's no way on earth I'm watching that.”

“Yes, of course we are! We will be watching it together! Because I want to watch it. I wanted to see just how bad it is, now that we are adults. Then we can take a shot every time we find something bad about the anime. You know, like those influencers on youtube?” Ella looked excited about the drinks.

Well, you did need a break and drinks sounded amazing. A bit of fun to get rid of the tension in your shoulders, but…

“Go and finish your assignment first. I'll just take a shower and get some snacks ready. In the meantime, hurry up and finish your writing.” You looked at her seriously, at times like these you felt more like her mother rather than her friend.

Ella looked like she was ready to fight back at your statement, but you interfered before she got to say anything.

“No, you are going to finish it. There is no negotiation allowed. If you do finish it by today… I promise to come with you to the museum you asked about tomorrow.”