10

"I wish to meet l/n y/n. Please let me through ******" Yuki pleaded with the ghostly beings before her. The brunette woman was met with silence, their expressions ranging from stern to disinterested. Yuki bit back her frustration and looked down in shame. "I know I don't deserve to even interact with her after all the failures I have caused, but I promise! I have changed! I know how to behave while staying in line with your fate!"

"Yet you have failed twice, might I say. At this point, we should have just sent you to hell for 600 years. We have been merciful enough to let your soul remain in the human death realm. The last thing we should allow is for you to meet with her chosen one. You have no say in this matter. Stay put until both your lover's time comes, and you shall arrive in the afterlife together. That is the least you can do, so keep your mouth shut." Yuki grimaced as she stepped back in slight fear.

"I have learned from my mistakes. I don't want her to fail like I did. The tests you have given her are insane! No human in their first timeline can complete them! And you're not even willing to give her a second chance of renewed timeline if she fails the first time! Please let me be there to guide her, to help her find me-"

"Quiet, you failure of a soul! The fact that we let you stay here not once, not twice, but thrice should have made you behave like the dead. Yet here you are, after everything we have done for you. We even let your children stay here when they should have been long gone! Weren't the first two punishments enough? Shall we give you a third?" It wasn't a question but a threat, and Yuki knew it well.

"No... I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I only wish to meet her once, and I promise to keep quiet. I won't even mention anything about ****, I promise. Can you please grant me that one last wish?" Yuki looked meek and small in front of the imposing beings.

"Now, how about we consider her request before appearing hostile? I, for one, have a proposal that might align with her request." A very familiar figure, dressed in an expensive suit, sat with crossed legs, resting his chin on his hand as he looked calm while smiling. Yuki did not like this one in the slightest, feeling fearful of his mere presence.

"What does the King of vampires have anything to do with her request? This is between us and Yuki, as you have no part in this world. We only have you out of diplomatic respect-"

"I was not talking to you. My proposal only requires an answer from Miss Kuran." Yuki flinched as one of the higher-up slammed his fist down in anger at the interruption by the King of the bat clan.

"How about it? Do you wish to come to an agreement? Of course, there might be consequences if you are not able to keep quiet regarding ****. Besides that, you will be able to have contact with Miss l/n through me personally. I shall promise you that far." The vampire concealed a smirk behind his hand as he watched her consider his offer thoroughly.

Ah, they truly are such foolish creatures

"I will take your offer." Yuki looked ahead firmly as she agreed, her resolve flickering with hesitation as she locked eyes with him. His stare so deadly and empty, yet his smile did not match his eyes in the slightest.

"Let me ask you this again. Do you Kuran Yuki, agree?" He asked again, a secretive smirk on his face, while the higher-up looked aggravated and disappointed with Yuki as some shook their head.

"Yes, I agree."

...

The brightness in the cloudy room flickered like a glitch in the system. The room turned pitch black before returning to a misty, foggy white, leaving only Yuki and the vampire suddenly standing right in front of her. Yuki yelped in surprise and started breathing heavily as his aura emitted a strong, imposing presence.