Chapter ■ 4| It's the Chaos emerald!

"Vector... I'm tired can we get some ice cream?"

Charmy continued to whine out his dallying fatigue, flaps surely can now be counted the way it puts to rest, extending his arms towards Vector who didn't hesitate to cradle the small bee before letting him sit on top of his head.

"This is getting ridiculous, maybe it wasn't here Espio. We had been searching the nooks and cranks of this city since the morning... and it's already sunset!"

Vector huffed as the fatigue was also present in the way how he needs to catch his breath throughout his words. His legs began to strain every time it always lands on the ground.

But that wasn't a mere excuse regarding this matter, we're here to stop a potential growth of phenomena!

"A little more..."

I slightly begged, while my mind was solely focused on inspecting the last alleyway in hopes of getting something, even just a little lead that will suffice for the day but none, nor marks, clothes, or any other evidence that we can take home.

This somehow starts to get on my nerves... I am also tired of this exploration and this is one of those cases that I absurdly hate, getting into action with no such evidence... it felt like I'm a blind dog that needs to retrieve a ball in the woods.

Where could this creature possibly be hiding?...

"Hey calm down buddy, maybe we just need a quick rest before we catch on again."

I felt a pressure exerted within my shoulder, Vector already comforting in. No matter how dire the situation was, I was glad that Vector really put out his "leader" role of his... it's nothing special, to be frank... but he may have abused it too much that he sometimes acts like a father in this pack.

"I...suppose..."

"Cool yourself Esp we'll get the person after this."

Vector again, reassured my current demeanor but my mind was still indulged by these invasive thoughts... should I waste the time to sit down and relax? What if this creature were already secretly spreading its plague somewhere with no prior notice?...

Some had seen a glimpse of this figure, but I saw it clearly, I had never thought that thing was one of Starline's upcoming attacks... I remember that creature's face back at hijacking Starline's ship... a mere quarrel that sent out the ship shamble.

Which I suddenly stumbled upon, begrudgingly looking to where the metal stomp was, and there I saw a figurine... I dare not say it is a Mobian... it's tall... compared to what a Mobian size was.

The mixture of metal and flesh blared within my eyes as the sirens washed the room with a pattern of red.

"This creature is not a Mobian..."

Although I already knew this creature wasn't a Mobian but there is one thing I am certain of...

Fear.

I can see the fear within the creature's eyes, although my glare wasn't to be put on to they. But I may have scared itself that it kept it running away.