Chapter ■ 24| winter began

Days had gone by yet everyone around was silent as a mime sitting there as if it was awaiting death. hoping someone would ring right through the phone and asks for our help.

Sometimes we go out and ask everyone in the streets if they needed help. Sure, some say yes, but the money we receive will not last long in a day or two. Then, as expected, rejection. I could feel the piercing eyes searing through me from Vector every time someone declines.

I clenched my fist still upset from the fact that I should have gotten it if I wasn't out there screaming like a kid.

I glanced upon Espio that wore a subtle look, unbeknownst if I should be in the right time to comfort him.

"m-maybe he's mad..."

I stopped myself from reaching his shoulders and opted to keep my hands in my pockets. Surely, this is an excellent example of how I am a burden. My irresponsible deed had caused consequences to afflict everyone around me.

But frankly, I already have a plan in mind.

Way back when this started... It's risky, b-but I'll do it.

for the Chaotix.

for Espio.

=_=

"Hey, Espio?" the Crocodile knocked on my door first before entering, I was disturbed in my meditation, so he better ought to talk about something reasonable. I huffed and half eyed open my eyes and asked for his reason for the disturbance.

"Do you somewhat know what (y/n) was doing?"

"What makes you say that?" I asked confused as out of the blue he asked about something related to (y/n).

"well she had been collecting metal scraps from the past days they had been storing it out at the back, and now she is onto building something. Charmy was also invested in this, I wanna know if ya know something."

"Building?" I was utterly distracted from my meditation and, to be honest, I hadn't realized that she had been gathering metal pieces recently. And now (y/n)'s working on something?

I should help her...

When I stepped out of my room and looked out the window, I saw (y/n) building some sort of metal hut.

"huh... creative." I left the room and saw
(y/n) screwing the metal chords to keep the structure in place. Charmy on the other hand has been actively helping (y/n).

But soon as I stepped outside of the house, the cold breeze instantly clustered into my skin hardening it as if it was frozen...

I didn't expect it to be this cold already...

I noticed that the cold temperature had made my body feel sluggish. Generally, Chaotix does not open the agency during the winter since it merely makes us sluggish and it is more of a hibernation season thanks to our species. Opening our agency and hoping to assist others will only result in a hindrance.

"Get Charmy back here or he'll get stiffened from the cold weather," Vector added.

I quickly grabbed my jacket and stormed outside, letting myself get a nudge on the cold weather. As I came nearer the hut I noticed the way the wind blow harshly against the metal frame, causing a small vibration. I sighed and walked over to the bee and tapped my foot beside the metal floor. The vibration stopped once I did so, I gave Charmy a worried look and saw that he seemed to be getting stiffened.