Chapter ■ 25| Client's favor

"W-where are the others?" the client stated while sitting on the makeshift metal chair I made, his eyes wide with surprise as he gazed around the tiny cabin I made. Different colors of metal connected together to form one full wall to cover both of us is enough to make him wonder if this is the correct Chaotix for him to seek assistance from.

"S-sorry, they are um... on leave, so I am the only one that can be able to assist you." I sheepishly said, he glance at me perplexed, which I already have guessed it. Well, as much as I wanted to say that they are also here, I wouldn't say that they are resting inside, that would sound so unprofessional.

"O-oh, are you sure?" The fox said with uncertainty.

"Yes! So what's the task then?" I replied boldly, if he was criticizing me for taking on this work alone, I had escaped some tight situations before, and yet here I was still standing, right? I can handle it just fine.

"R-right, I need you to deliver this package to this address"

"Delivery?" I asked confused, why were they asking for delivery? detectives aren't delivery guys, what's with this task? The fox looked at me as if I was the wrong one asking.

"Uhm... Chaotix is sort of delivery guy too right?"

"huh?"

"Oh wait, you're a new member aren't you?" He asked while I look at him dumbfounded.

"Well, based on that look I suppose sir Vector hasn't told you that Chaotix also delivers and helps Mobians in need, It's kinda like a multi-service company"

"O-oh is that so?" I uttered which concluded more that Chaotix is indeed in pure debt. I thought the sidelines we took before are just what the resistance are for—saving and helping the community itself. But allowing Vector to make his co-detectives work non-related to their job was quite bothersome. Vector indeed took the risk, which also shows that it is truly devastating to lose a single penny to this agency. I bit my lip, recalling the failure I did.

"Then, I'll take it, I'll update you as soon as possible."

"R-really? I-I... Thank you!" The fox thrilled as he shooked my hand, but the more he overjoyed this moment, the more I felt a sickening feeling in my chest. His delighted attitude reigned as if the task that I am taking were just as merely as hard to ask for help to anyone and I am the first one who had accepted it.

"N-no problem! That's what the Chaotix do," I answered, smiling at his jovial demeanor, but deep within I was screaming in fear. Now isn't the time to feel regretful about everything, right?

=_=

"This doesn't feel right at all..." gulping to what might be my doom. After painstakingly asking for directions from everyone without letting them know anything suspicious about me—leading me now here standing at large dilapidated gray bars that are arched around to form a gate. A rectangular metal embossed on a plate that has now covered in moss has formed letters that spelled out the name of the place I will engage in.