Chapter ■ 14| frazzled thoughts

"My apologies as I won't be coming to have breakfast with you today. I have a business to take care of, please, eat with them, I already told Vector that I will be gone this morning so I assure myself that he'll be gentle to you."

"Right, see, he says he'll be back!" I reassured myself as my intrusive thoughts raced through my head. I set the sticky note Espio had left beside me aside and went back to the cushions, yet, the supposed softness of the bed that should have given me comfort has not met. I feel uncontent, quiet... and it is bothersome... I hate this feeling.

Even though Espio told me to go downstairs and eat breakfast with them, I continued to lie on this cushion for hours despite his instructions.

"What business does he need to take care of?" I let out an unsatisfied sigh...

"no... I'll stay here till he comes back..."

...

...

"Oh not now!" I plummed my face onto the pillow as my stomach growled in, what a pooper... I am used to this stuff back then, why am I having to urge to fight with my conscience to eat something?

I bit my lip in annoyance.

"but should I leave?"

"I should leave... yeah! I should," but immediately after, I find myself returned and curled up on the bed.

"What's stopping you (y/n)? Come on!" I hollered to myself... is it because I look different? myself with Vector? but Espio told me Vector will be gentle...

why can't I trust his words?

I groaned in frustration as if I turned back to a kid who can't walk on their own without someone...without Espio...

*knock* *knock*

A knocking sound emits from the door, and a small familiar voice calls upon the other side.

"(y/n)? you awake? Vector made breakfast! Let's eat!"

"o-oh! I-I'll be right there!"

I said as I completely forgot Charmy was also here. somehow my intrusive thoughts dissipates a little, not wanting for the little bee to wait, I quickly cleaned myself before opening the door as the bee swarmed right on my face.

with a chuckle, as Charmy spun around to me with excitement, asking me to play with him after breakfast, of course! who couldn't say no to Charmy?

with such a lightened mood I hadn't noticed that I was already downstairs right in the dining area beside Charmy.

"Coffee?" A cup rose beside me, glancing at whom it held, and was met with the Crocodile's eyes.