Chapter ■ 26| Team Resistance

"Starline?! Starline is here?!" I hysterically panicked. The general stood in, luckily he was immediately caught by one of his guards while I completely tripped right onto the floor with a grunt.

"SECURE THE GATES AND PREPARE THE FRONTLINES! WE WON'T LET STARLINE GET INSIDE!"

The general ordered strictly to his guards which immediately put into action. The nerve-racking siren occurred, shining this sickening red pattern.

I hid under the desk as to what it seemed that the General had completely forgotten about me. But that doesn't matter! what matters is that I find a way to get back home without Starline noticing me... I can't risk my chips getting destroyed!

"I-I have to go..." I trembled in fear.

"Sire! Over here!" screamed one of the guards. The General exploded in rage and stormed out of the room, providing me with the perfect chance to escape safely! My heart continued to pound with panic, while I continued to cross my fingers, praying Starline was somewhere else.

But who am I to be such a lucky guy? I dashed through the door and glanced around the next corridor where the infamous thug cells stood, but as soon as I passed through, a figure skews out in my peripheral, widening my eyes in terror.

Starline is in there, along with Infinite. Both walking in the direction where I am, hands all bloodied. Surely it had come from the soldiers they had fought to get in. If they had fought them so easily? Then how about myself against them?!

"Crap (y/n) hide!" I cried in fear, immediately went back under the desk, and prayed that I'll stay hidden.

"Now to get that Ruby"

Starline hummed, I stared down at their boots that send shivers through me with their light taps on the cold floor, surely taking this time as fun to them. They walk slowly towards the alley at the end of the room that is supposed to be where the lab is.

"Oh... more prey. Infinite get rid of them..." Dr.Starline said uninterested. Soon, the Mobians behind the walls started to whimper and begged, someone tried to persuade and talk things out to the two. I stared down at the floor, hands all muffled to my mouth as my body trembled so violently.

"Is it even necessary?" Infinite uttered seemingly hesitant as to what carnage he will do.

"Did I stutter?" Starline shot back, "Hurry up and get the ruby already."

...

"On it."

Infinite coldly said as the Mobians that were whimpering behind the walls got louder, Infinite followed, knowing what their fate will come to what will happen next.

"Please!" One of the Mobians begged but abruptly interrupted as a bullet fired that echoes through the room.