Chapter ■ 9| Uninvited guest

"S-sonic! you didn't tell me you'll stop by!"

Vector stuttered, flabbergasted by the blue blur who was standing by the doorway.

"Well you had asked my help to find Espio and I just wanna come by and check if you have found him."

Sonic spoke at the threshold, with pure instinct, I immediately wrapped the sleeping human with the blanket Vector gave me while I glare at the Crocodile.

"Why is he here?!"

"Well, I kinda asked for their help to look for you when you suddenly disappeared..."

"What?!"

I looked at him in disbelief, although we never said any such words yet we fully understand what each other is trying to say.

Sonic tapped his foot while he stares at the figure in front of him who was beginning to sweat out while eyeing someone. I tried to hide (y/n) as much as possible, but unfortunately, Sonic's eagle eye sees me.

"Espio!"

Sonic had already zoomed in front of me, where the human covered in sheets lay between us, a firm grasp was placed on my shoulder before Sonic began bombarding me with questions like where I had been or what happened to me with all these wounds.

"oh please... I am alright mother..." I sarcastically said.

"Well, you had been gone throughout the day! who knows what happened to you, and Vector here started freaking out!"

I stared back at Vector, my intimidating stare causes the Crocodile to avert his head in embarrassment, scratching the back of his head knowing that Sonic wouldn't come here if he wasn't that overreacting.

"I was just worried okay!"

"sheesh."

...

"what's under this?"

*!!*

My eyes widened; of all the things Sonic could point out and be interested in, this was the one he shouldn't. Sonic moved his hand slowly towards the linen to reveal what was wrapped beneath it, but I grabbed his hand immediately, he can't have the chance to look at (y/n)! If it happens, things will turn sour, really bad!

"Hey! what gives!"

"don't look!"

"why?"

"u-uh it's because... uh i-"

"you don't want to look at it! it's actually kinda hideous to look at so we hid it behind a cloth!"

Vector interrupted, which caught me puzzled "what kind of a reason is that?"

"aww! but I wanna look at it, just a little peek wouldn't mind isn't it?"

Sonic again insisted, as he slowly tried to peek in towards the blanket.

"Please, I insist, you wouldn't like what to see under there."

I plead with a firm grasp again on his wrist. Sonic squinted his eyes in suspicion, looking back and forth towards the cloth, and then to my eyes, I tried to stand still while keeping the wrapped-up creature to stay as it kept shifting under the cloth