CHAPTER 3

Shantivani Mansion

As everyone appear at the dinning table, the circles below their eyes will tell their state. The night was long,  everyone had a sleepless night with alot of question running on their minds.

The environment was tense and everyone appeared gloomy no one was yet to overcome yesterday shock. As the breakfast placed infront of them ,no word was uttered even from Mami who would have taunted Gupta's if it would have been another day.

Payal with the help of HP served everyone before Nani asked her to join them. Mom couldn't hide her displeasure seeing her taking the seat next to her son.

Words were about to flow from her mouth but seeing Nani glare she twitch her lips in annoyance.  Nani could only pray for a miracle for her grandson to be able to balance the relationship between his mother and wife which wasn't going to be easy with Mami's behavior.

Gupta's were silent spectators, they were already aware with Mami's dislike towards their daughter .Though they put aside their fear having faith in her on winning her mother-in-law with time.

The silent environment was interrupted with Shyam's question whose focus was solemnly on his plate.

"Where is Khushiji sale sahiba? isn't she joining us for breakfast?"

Gupta's cringed inwardly seeing him feigning innocence yet they could utter nothing in fear of Payal's future.His question got the desired reaction he expected.

Everyone stilled reminded of yesterday's event but none had the answer to his question until a voice rang behind them.

"Why will she join?and by which relationship Shyam? she's neither a Gupta or Raizada"

Nk glared at him in disgust while others gasp the way he addressed Shyam. Offended ,Anjali was ready to reprimand him for disrespecting her husband though Nk who already knew what was to follow was highly prepared.

"Please Anjali,am not interested with your lecture this morning. Am here for a reason and after that none of you will have to see me again. But I advice you to have a close look of your husband who is more concern about another woman than you"

Everyone eyes widen none can tell if it's due to fear or shock. But Anjali eyes moisten seeing the disrespect subjected to her and her husband with the person she took as a brother.

"Nk how can you talk in that manner with our Di?"

Angry Arnav glared at him,his voice sending chills to everyone in there. He was already mad at him with yesterday's event and seeing his sister who was controlling himself Anjali Chote surface.

Nonchalant behavior of Nk added to his anger seeing and the mocking smile fuel it . But they were in for it for Nk blasted recalling unconscious Khushi.

"Which Di Arnav?please spare me the drama, she's neither my sister or I her brother . Beside when will she grow up?her being the eldest still needs to be babysitted while  her younger ones toil and feed her.But that's your problem for you siblings to tackle since you decided to became her puppet and slave.

But let me ask you ASR,how many lives will you destroy for your sister?? do you think your the only one who have a sister? I used to respect and regard you highly but now my eyes is open . Have realized  your sharp mind is only reserved for business while in personal life your a puppet who lives according to your sister's wish