CHAPTER 5

A week passed after the revelation ,the mansion remain gloomy even with the kids laughter. Children curious gazes settle on their elders feeling the chilling and tense atmosphere in their surrounding.

Unlike past days everyone arrived in the dinning under Nani's order who is out of bed rest after a week. None knew what to say or how to begin the conversation after the bubble was broken infront of them.

Their atrocities laid open infront of everyone which shattered their belief on each other. Anjali stole a glance at her daughter sitting on her brother's lap being a week since since she has seen her. She hurriedly stared at her plate her heart pinching for she'll always be a reminder of her married life.

Nani who was seated at the head chair ,her eyes rounded staring at everyone discreetly and she knew this was only the beginning. She shrudder recalling Nk final words towards her two grandchikdren and just as said Arnav wasn't able to protect his sister from her fate.

She blamed herself for the situation of her family. She wished she could turn back time and this time she'll raise her granddaughter into a strong woman and so was her grandsons. Her eyes opened though too late but this time she was determine her great-grandchildren won't be raised like their parents.

Her shoulder was shaked and that's when she realize she zoned seeing the worried eyes of her family towards her.

"Sasuma Sakshi has called me to her home and am planning to head to Mumbai'

Attention diverted towards Nani and Mami, while everyone was aware of  the equation between the two sisters due to Mami's marriage which was little repaired with Akash arrival whom his maasi couldn't disregard but that was it.

"When a you planning to go Manorama?"

Nani stared at her daughter-in-law who looked relieved her eyes helding the shine but her response

"Today evening now I'l be going to buy gifts for my nephews and niece"

Everyone face portrayed shock thinking how easily she has planned knowing the family need each other at the moment.

"Manorama how can you plan to go now when the family needs each other especially Anjali bitiya?"

Nani question staring at her gaping daughter-in-law in disbelief who seemed displeased but didn't back down.

"But of what help will I be in Anjali bitiya Sasuma?The only thing she needs is to move on and live for her daughter forgetting Shyamji. As we speak now she wasn't her husband and the only help she can give herself is to remove all this marital status and behave obvious to what everyone is talking about her for none can change the truth

Beside I won't leave this chance in reconciling with my sister that to after a decade plus"

Ranted Mami while everyone breath hitch seeing her back answering Nani without fear that to for the first time.

"Maa"

Whisper-yelled Akash in astonishment seeing Anjali whose shoulder was shaking trying to control her sobs

"Hello bye bye!I said nothing wrong Akash bitwa, atleast you, you have your siblings infront of you but what about me?. Everyone here knows after your papa and I marriage your Maasi broke ties with me and I can't loose this chance when she herself invited me in her home"