CHAPTER 8

Raizada mansion , Delhi

There was a deadly silence in Shantivani mansion. Even the chirping of the birds couldn't diffuse the tension or solve their inner turmoil.It's nearly a week of that incident which stole the peace in their lives ,yet their was no change in Anjali's current situation.

The bags below their eyes expressed their inner turmoil,the silent environment and passing of  women infront of them in sky blue scrubs was a reminder of one of them lying lifeless in one of the rooms , connected to many tubes none knowing what will be tomorrow's outcome.

Their was tension and worry surrounding their environment. Seeing Shantivan none could believe ones it was lively home. Everyone sat silence not knowing how to begin the conversation for they had nothing to talk about. Suddenly the door bell rang alerting them of someone's arrival.

As HP opened the door their face portrayed happiness believing it must be their granddaughters since no visitor was to arrive whom they were aware of.  Their gazes glued towards the door expectedly hoping to see their bubbly grandkids bouncing towards them in happiness maybe their innocent antics might turn the gloomy surrounding into a happy one.

Though their happiness seized and their eyes popped out losing the shine immediately they saw;

              Subhadra malik

in white stepping inside in attitude her hard eyes roaming around every corner of the mansion.

"Devi what this am hearing about my granddaughter ,that too from someone else not any of you??"

Impatient Dadi whisper-yelled stepping ahead. Nani though hated the old lady presence due to her daughter's and grandchildren suffering from her family ,sigh relieved for she needed someone who could understand her and none can be better than Dadi afteral the one lying inside was their only granddaughter.

"What you heard is true, it's almost a week since Anjali bitiya is in coma"

Responded Nani wiping her misted eyes the sight of her granddaughter's lifeless body imprinted in her memory. She felt tired and helpless as she narrated the occurrence that led to this situation and their lives from past 7 years.

"So much happened yet I wasn't made aware of. Beside where is my great granddaughter Devi?"

Dadi stared at Nani curiously for she hasn't set her eyes at her granddaughter from the moment she arrived. Mami who was pouring water for herself at the dinning table hiccup hearing her question.

Her eyes widen her ,her concentration diverting  towards the two knowing Dadi will chaos knowing the absence of Ratna. Water started flowing from the glass being filled yet Mami felt nothing.