Chapter 8

The next night when the team got to the bunker, everyone was waiting to see who they were going to go after from Tempest. It was past time that they started to work on the people who were behind the list and who were going to try and destroy the Glades. If they took down all of the high ranking members in the organization, that would leave only Malcolm left and they would then give the information to the police that they had gathered on the group. They hoped that at the same time that they would be able to make it so that the Queens weren't pulled into this as well, since they were doing this under duress.

"So, who do you think we should go after tonight?" Kara asked Oliver.

"I am thinking of either the mayor or the police commissioner. They are two of the most powerful people in the city. If we get them out of the way, then go after the city council members, we should be able to clean things up pretty quickly as far as the Undertaking goes." Oliver said.

"I like it. I say we go after the mayor." Laurel said.

"It does make sense to take him off of the board first. Cisco and Caitlin, I need you to find all of the information that you can on the mayor being dirty and download it onto this flash drive. We will need it if the police are to believe that the mayor is dirty." Oliver said.

"Already done. I worked on separating all of the information the other night. All I have to do now is know who you are going after every night and then I will download it for you." Cisco said.

"Good thinking. Ok. Let's head out." Oliver said and the team nodded as they all left the bunker.

. . .

Ten minutes later, everyone was at the mayor's residence and Barry had already done a sweep of the perimeter and found that there were a lot of guards patrolling the place. The mayor must have thought that the vigilantes were going to come after him at some point, so he paid for a lot of guards to make sure that they couldn't get to him. Little did he know that regular guards weren't going to be able to stop the vigilantes.

"There are a lot of guards in there. How do you want to go about doing this?" the Flash asked.

"I will take care of the mayor. The rest of you take the guards out and make sure they don't disturb what we are trying to do here." Green Arrow said and the team nodded as they all went about spreading around the mansion so that they didn't leave any guards able to send a message inside to warn the others.

"Ok. Go." Green Arrow said quietly into his comms and they all left their cover and started making their way to the mansion and taking out all of the guards that were in their way.

Once he was inside, Green Arrow stuck to the shadows and used bola arrows to tie the guards up as he made his way through the house. He finally made it to what he knew was the mayor's home office and kicked the door in.

"Mr. Mayor. You have failed this city." Green Arrow growled at the man.

"And what is it that I have done to fail it? I think the city is cleaner now than it ever has been." the mayor said.

"That might be true, but you are in league with Tempest and we have all the information that we need on that to put you away for a long time." Green Arrow said.

The mayor had a shocked look on his face, wondering how this vigilante had found out about Tempest. He had covered his tracks and made sure there was nothing connecting him to the group, so this vigilante must have been lying.

"I don't know what you are talking about." the mayor said.

"Don't play stupid Mr. Mayor. We had someone hack into the computer of Malcolm Merlyn himself. We have everything we need to take you and everyone else down." Green Arrow said.

The mayor knew that he was screwed now. Somehow these vigilantes knew about Malcolm and all of it. There was nothing that he could do to protect himself now. He was going to jail and there was nothing that he could do about it.

Green Arrow reached back and pulled an arrow out of his quiver and shot it at the man. It tied him up and he put the flash drive beside the mayor so that the police could find it. On his way out of the mansion, he made a call to Cisco.

"Cisco, send a message to the police so that they can get this all taken care of." Green Arrow said as he left the mansion and met up with the rest of the team and then they all made their way back to the bunker.

. . .

Later that night, the team was in the bunker with the news on to see if the mayor had made the news and sure enough he had.

"The vigilantes crashed into the mayor's house tonight and left behind a little present for the police. They will not comment on what was found, but from what we can gather, it makes the mayor look like he is corrupt. Looks like time will tell if this is true though. Back to you, John." the reporter said.

"Well, that looks to have worked well. Who should we go after next?" Thea asked.

"It has to be the police commissioner or one of the two council members. Who do you think needs to go first?" Oliver asked the team.

"I think we should get the police commissioner out of the way. He might be able to get some of these people off if he is still in power. If the people know that he is dirty, there is no way that he can do that." Laurel said.

"Good point. We will go after him tomorrow night. Does everyone agree?" Oliver asked and the team nodded as they went about training or going home. Whatever they wanted to do more.