Chapter 17

Over the next several weeks things had been going pretty well. They went out on patrol everynight and were slowly stopping the criminals from causing too much trouble in the city. With it being seven of them, not all of them had to go out in the field every night.

Oliver and Laurel had made a plan to go out to one of the best restaurants in the city. So, that is where they were now.

"So, are you sure you want to do this? We are already technically married by League law." Laurel said.

"We have to make it official here at home though." Oliver said and Laurel nodded.

"Then let's get this show on the road." Laurel said with a smile and just like that Oliver stood from his chair and walked over toward Laurel and got down on one knee.

"Dinah Laurel Lance, you are the love of my life and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you do me the honor of marrying me?" Oliver asked and he was also surprised at how good Laurel's acting was. She was making it look like she had no idea that this was coming by putting her hand over her mouth and even crying a little bit.

"Of course, I will marry you Ollie." Laurel said as Oliver put the ring on her finger and then they both stood up and shared a kiss to make the show even more believable.

When they pulled apart and made their way back to their seats they realized that everyone was clapping for them and some people even came by to congratulate them. They still had to play things off for the rest of the time that they were in the restaurant, but at least they had already finished their meals, so they weren't going to be there much longer. Once they had paid the bill and were on their way home, they were finally able to relax and act like themselves again.

"Well, that was fun. You looked so surprised." Oliver said.

"I know. I am glad we were taught how to act like that in the League. I don't think that I would have been able to do that otherwise." Laurel said.

"I know what you mean. So, I guess now would be a good time to plan the wedding." Oliver said.

"I want it done as soon as possible. This is only to make it legally binding outside of the League. There is no need to draw this out." Laurel said.

"I will do whatever you want. If you want to elope, we can do that. If you want to have a big wedding, we can do that too." Oliver said.

"I think something small with just family and friends. I don't even need a dress. This is just a formality in my eyes anyway. We are already married in my mind. We just need to make it official for our family and friends." Laurel said.

"Sounds good to me. We can have it at the mansion. It will be nice and private. We can probably get it done within the next couple of weeks." Oliver said.

"Sounds great. Let's get this set up. I want to be legally known as Mrs. Oliver Queen as soon as possible." Laurel said with a smile and Oliver couldn't help but smile himself, because he liked the way that Mrs. Oliver Queen sounded.

. . .

When they got home, Moira, Robert, Thea, and Kara were waiting for them. They all had smiles on their faces because they knew that they were doing this tonight. Moira and Robert might not have known that it was fake, so they were overjoyed when they saw the ring on Laurel's hand.

"Well, it looks like everything went well, son." Robert said.

"It did." Oliver said.

"Let me see the ring." Thea said as she and Kara approached Laurel, still trying to play the scene off for their parents.

"It's beautiful, Laurel." Kara said.

"Thanks." Laurel said.

"So I guess we will need to call a wedding planner so that we can get things set up. When are you thinking? Next year sometime?" Moira asked.

Oliver and Laurel looked at each other, having one of their silent conversations and then they nodded and turned back to the rest of the group. "Nothin like that. We actually want this done as soon as possible. We were thinking within the next several weeks." Laurel said.

"That is a lot of stuff to get together in that short amount of time." Moira said.

"It won't be much at all actually, mom. We just want friends and family there. Laurel doesn't even want a dress." Oliver said.

"Are you sure? I always thought that you two would want a big wedding." Moira said.

"We might have in the past, but after the island and everything else, we only want simple things now. We even thought about just eloping, but we didn't think that would be fair to our family and friends. This is the way that we can let all of you be there, but also have it done as quickly as possible." Oliver said.

"Well, I do thank you for not getting eloped, but are you sure this is how you want to do this? This is going to be your only wedding." Moira said.

"We are sure, mom." Oliver said and he hoped that his mother would let it go now.

Robert wasn't going to push anything because he knew that it was Oliver and Laurel's choice anyway and Thea and Kara already knew that they were already married, so they were just happy that at least this time around they would actually be able to celebrate the wedding.

"I say we let them do what they want to do, Moira. As long as they are married, that is all that matters." Robert said.

"Fine. We will help you in any way possible." Moira said.

"Thanks mom and dad." Oliver said.

"And there will be a party afterward. There is no way you are getting out of that." Thea said and Kara nodded in agreement, which made both of them laugh at how Oliver's sisters were making this party into a big deal. They were happy to play along though.