CH 8 - Perseverance

[ ... ]

"It sure is... Quiet here"

"Mhm"

"Can i ask you a question though?"

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Why are you locking me in a restaurant, in a damn play place out of all things?!?!"

The doctor dressed in casual clothes grabbed the door made out of rubber and tried to open it

"Don't move the handle! My hard work is gonna get destroyed!"

"Get me out of here you damn monst-"

(Y/N) quickly gestured her to be quiet "There's kids in the play place! Don't swear!" Alicia froze in her place for a second "Y-you.... Dummy!"

"Aw come on! Stop insulting me everytime! I'm just following what the book says!" He pouted before looking outside of the restaurant "jeez... We picked a bad time didn't we?"

Alicia stopped complaining and silently looked outside with a frown "... I didn't think they would do this out of nowhere...."

Outside of the restaurant were a bunch of reunion grunt corpses. Unconscious. They filled the floor as if they were water "Is everyone safe? Nothing to worry about?" (Y/N) asked as multiple civilians nodded in response, some were busy trying to calm their children and preventing them from seeing the horro-

"My daughter..."

(Y/N) frowned "of course there would be something to worry about..." He sighed before standing up "I'll get your kid back here, Where is she?" The man shivered for a bit before shakily pointing at the direction of the restroom "...Noted. hey chief, got any knife i can borrow? The sharpest and lightest one if possible "

"A-are you sure? It's better if we stay here!" The man with an apron asked worriedly, unsure of whether to trust him or not "nhm , Won't take me long and besides. I'm a mercenary!"

The man gave his co-workers a nod before one of them walked to the kitchen and grabbed a knife and handed it over. (Y/N) slowly removed the barricade of the glass door and opened it "Once the girl gets in, lock it okay?" A brief nod from the coworkers before (Y/N) closed the door and ran towards the bathroom...

...

'Fuck... I forgot the name...' he muttered to himself as he leaned on the wall at the entrance of the female restroom "...Heeey? Anyone in here?"

No response... "I'm not evil, I'm part of the L.G.D officers, is anyone in there?" ...A small rustle in the bathroom as well as the sound of a stall unlocking responded to his call "A-are they gone...?"

A girl, around the age of 14, shivered in fear as he tried to calm her down "Not really, im here to reunite you with your father. Those grunts don't care if your in the women's restroom or not, they're probably genderless" he tried to crack a joke, which didn't make the girl relieved at all

Seemingly mentally happy that he finally said something about the bathrooms, he reached out for the girls hand, which she complied, and ran for the restaurants door.

The girl's father, watching from the glass door, immediately opened the door and let the girl in "Thank you! Thank you very mu-"

"Close the door, now." The smile on (Y/N)'s face faded "and don't let the kids look, it's about to be ugly" The man looked scared and immediately complied, shutting the door close and barricading the door with the tables

...

Tap.... Tap.... Tap...

...