AKIANGEL 🛳️ Prompt Three: "The Angel Ghost"

WARNINGS AND INFO:
- Some offensive language
- Horror themed
- Past tense, Third person P.O.V.
- References to sex/sexual themes

"THE ANGEL GHOST"

[this is set in its OWN timeline]

I can't remember whether I circled this already, but maybe I did? No, I think I didn't so I'll just circle it again

I can't remember whether I circled this already, but maybe I did? No, I think I didn't so I'll just circle it again. Wait a minute, if I already highlighted that, and circled this, then what am I going to do about these?

Aki was busy finishing some paperwork for Makima when he realized it was already past eight p.m. and he had promised he would make it home early for dinner and a board game with Angel. His shift varies depending on the day of the week and how many cases flow in during a given season, but this day he was supposed to work seven hours, from one-thirty p.m. to eight-thirty p.m.

Shit!

Aki had less than thirty minutes then to finish the paperwork, slip it into Makima's mailbox down the hall, return to his office, clean up his desk and pick up the scraps of paper from the floor, shower in the employee locker room, change into his lounge clothes, lock up the office since he was the only one left, and finally make it to his car and start the engine—none of which included the huge step of driving to his apartment, which would've taken another several minutes.

Aki sighed and began his checklist. He started by wrapping up the final touches to the document he had been annotating, which was concerning the alarming numbers of people encountering devils in new, never before tracked areas. After he slipped it into Makima's mailbox, he lingered around her door for whatever reason before he made his way down the hall. When he got in front of his office, he lingered again outside of his own door for some reason.

Hm? I must've imagined it.

He strode into his office and nothing was out of place. Aki cleaned his desk just as planned and went to pick up the pieces of paper from the floor. Almost like magic, he could sense the light overhead start flickering right as he bent down. He ignored it and continued to pick up the scraps of soiled paper and throw them all away. After he tidied his office and felt satisfied standing back admiring its newfound cleanliness, he grabbed his work bag and headed to the locker room.

On his way there, Aki felt the same sensation he felt earlier. He thought he had been imagining it from exhaustion and lack of proper sleep the night before, but he truly felt like someone was watching him somewhere, and even more horrifying, that they were following him around the building.

Aki felt the peach fuzz along his arms stand up and dance as if it were windy. All of the windows were closed and it was actually a warm night, so all that remained was himself and the fear of being stalked.

"What the hell, is someone messing with me?" he wondered aloud.

He did his best to remain calm and not create a disturbance, as there may have been a passerby outside or office workers in the buildings above and below the Public Safety Devil Hunters' offices. Aki listened but couldn't hear a chirp from even the loudest bats. He felt alone on that silent evening and wanted nothing more than to go home to his Angel.