AKIANGEL 🛳️ Prompt Five: "Dr. Angel Will See You Now" (Sick Fic)

WARNINGS AND INFO:
- Offensive language
- Some mildly suggestive content
- Slight miscommunication (will be resolved)
- Comedy & fluff!
- My first ever "sick fic" (please be kind, hehe~)

"DR. ANGEL WILL SEE YOU NOW"

 ANGEL WILL SEE YOU NOW"

Cough Cough

Aki wiped his nose with a cotton ball since he happened to have that lying around instead of a tissue like a normal sick person would.

It was the dead of winter and sickness was spreading like wildfire. The iron-built-immune-system-machine-Aki, who boasted nonchalantly so many times at the office about how he never gets sick, had finally caught something. This time, it was the influenza.

The classic, can't possibly miss it, flu.

Honest to Aki's misfortunate luck and to his dismay, the specific strain just so happened to be the kind that makes the infected patient puke. He caught a stomach bug. For someone like Aki, who's had a particularly rampant case of emetophobia [extreme fear of vomiting] his entire life, catching the stomach flu is the worst possible way to spend a week off work.

That's exactly how he had spent it. Aki was bedridden with a high fever, body aches, the chills, and a raging stomach hurricane that brought about a stinky, chunky drizzle every hour or so—in other words, vomit and bile.

It was Sunday and Aki had almost gotten better, but his symptoms relapsed once more. Aki slapped his hand blindly around the table, searching for his alarm. The loud bell chimes of his ringtone were particularly annoying when accompanied by a freshly stuffed nose in the morning, and a churning stomach full of angry fluids and foods that refused to fully digest. He finally found the button and snoozed the damn thing before he got angry.

Aki felt for his phone and picked it up, wiping off snot on the screen with his fingers until he noticed more snot show up and realized that his fingers were the snot culprit in the first place. He was running a fever and experiencing many annoying flu symptoms anyway, so he didn't feel like bothering with being upset over such a trivial matter. Aki stifled a groan, swallowed the "fuck" that was about to escape his lips, and found his message thread with "My little Angel👼🏻"

Angel was his coworker. He was a petite young man the same age as Aki, but he was a devil and Aki was a human. The angel devil, or just "Angel" to Aki, was taken in by the Public Safety Devil Hunters as a partner to one of the human devil hunters that works there—which just so happened to be Aki Hayakawa.

The two got off on the wrong foot, but happily became friends and partners in crime, although neither one of them had confessed to the other that they wished to be something more—because they both indeed wished to be something more.

Aki still had not come to terms with the fact that he was gay. Not even was he bi, or pan, he was literally gay as can be, but couldn't ever admit it until Angel came into his life and he was willing to label himself "straight with the potential to find a man attractive sometimes"—which really is not indicative of sexuality at all. Aki was never raised to be accepted though.