BENIGAL 🚢 Prompt Five: "Yukito's American Burger" (Horror-ish)

WARNINGS AND INFO:
- Swearing, but i'm sure everyone knows by now!
- Mentions of blood and a little violence
- Horror theme, or sort of, since I went on tangents
- Kind of long, lol, hopefully you all enjoy that :D

[Employee!Kobeni x Customer!Galgali]

*This fanfic is also inspired by the video game Happy's Humble Burger Farm!

"YUKITO'S AMERICAN BURGER"

She couldn't see through the foggy windshield of her rusty, nine-to-five-mobile, but luckily the old fart managed to take her to her part-time job each day. If it weren't for the inclement weather warning she received earlier on her phone's alert system being overturned in favour of 'a better weather forecast for the evening', she would still be at home watching T.V. on the couch, curled up in a warm blanket and certainly not leaning forward—hands gripping the wheel for life—in the frigid air blanketing her in her car, while she was squinting her eyes like an elderly person trying to spot animals in the road.

Or people. Anything that would get in the way of her and that stinky, but satisfying wad of cash she would receive at the end of the month. Well, it was actually just one slip of paper that was signed with an amount of money written on it, addressed to her name, but that's not the point. The point was...what was the point?

She couldn't remember over the sound of the radio blaring on, despite the fact that it was shut cleanly off. The damn thing, Kobeni thought. The car was in 'her' older age, maybe even older than Kobeni. It was a gift from her parents to her, sort of a junky family heirloom. She liked to drive in silence, since it helped her focus better on the road, but she decided to leave the radio on when it chose to activate.

"FUCK!" she screeched while swerving on the slippery road, that had been soaked with heavy rains from earlier. She thought she might've seen something, but it could've been her sleep-deprivation, too. There was only a light drizzle, but just an hour or so before Kobeni found herself alone on a dark road at night, heading to her particularly pesky night shift at Yukito's American Burger, rain was pouring in thick bullets, spreading across the road in a thick lubricant that didn't mix well with  her old tires.

She mashed buttons on the dash while driving as slowly and safely as she could, still slightly swerving anytime she swore she saw 'something', even if it ended up being litter. Her father had taught her breathing exercises for when she got overwhelmed; she tried a few of the breathing techniques, which seemed to work for a brief moment. Until, she felt something trying to escape her closed throat.

Hiccup!

It seemed that she tried a little too hard, focused a bit too much on the detail of how to breathe, that she made herself really forget the rhythm of the natural bodily function.

"D-damn it..hiccup!" she yelped again.

After a while, her hiccups cleared, but once she arrived to the barren parking lot of her workplace, a new uncomfortable challenge appeared, beckoning her to the ring to fight it.