Chapter 3 | A Scary Start

"Tu dois te foutre de moi..."
[You got to be fucking kidding me...]

Dr. Steele was a lunatic!

This wasn't just an average Lycoris building- this was the headquarters!

Her hand tightly grasped a trolley, which held a few pieces of medical equipment for the fishlings she was here to aid. 

The woman's long white hair blew in the wind as she stood before a massive skyscraper, with white eyelashes fluttering with disbelief. 

River had thought it was some random company building, but she did not expect to be standing in front of the Lycoris Headquarters! 

Blaine will be hearing a lot of complaining from her tonight...

Wait, wasn't her last name Lycoris? 

It must be a coincidence.

Shrinking into herself, she adjusted her work outfit. She wore the same white blouse and white dress pants, a black belt sticking out just as much as her accent. 

River had washed them last night, so they were as good as new. Her knees shook, sweat coursing down her forehead and back. 

On the second day on the job, she was already thrown into everything.

"You're tough." She whispered, tugging on the heavy trolley as she headed towards the building. When River neared the doors, they automatically opened as soon as she came into their view. 

"It's just a big building." The girl kept whispering, "The fishies will distract you."

River's company building was a cheap bar compared to this building. 

The delicate marble floors, chandeliers gently holding millions of dollars worth of crystals, lavish fountains, and walls of plant life. This was just a small hallway-like entrance, with doors with guards in front of them leading to the main lobby.