꧁•⊹٭𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚛𝚎 𝚅𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚝-𝚀𝚞𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚎٭⊹•꧂

(Blaine's POV)

(Blaine's POV)

She was beginning to feel like River. 

Typically, most situations didn't overwhelm her, but it felt like time was moving at a sprint. Doubts about her friend swarmed her mind, her loving heart ruthlessly fighting them off.

Blaine fiddled with a book and its pages, no longer focusing on its contents. Lucifer sat on a nearby leather couch with River huddled in his lap, completely unconscious. She was adequately clothed with the beta's hoodie and black leggings.

Anuke's hair was pulled back, her fingers meticulously wrapping bandages around the man's wounds. He gritted his teeth and inhaled sharply, but otherwise, he was silent.

Not a single man was in the room other than Lucifer. Females who were already mated or strictly heterosexual women were searching through bookcases. Blaine didn't have a mate, but she was an exception. He was being extremely territorial over River.
Since they left the clearing, she hadn't shared a word with him. Lucifer was completely absorbed in bringing his mate to the pack house after she fell unconscious outside. Blaine had also found a white tank top and black yoga pants, so she was dressed.

She had been thinking a lot about what had happened. For one, she didn't know River was a werewolf. That was a big shock. Another shock was that she was a white wolf.

Could River be trusted? Who is she? Has her best friend been lying to her this entire time? It was apparent she wasn't The Tyrant, but that doesn't change the fact she's a white wolf with the ability to force submission on an alpha.

Being forced to submit was embarrassing, but she cared more about who River actually was.

"Blaine."

The baritone voice of Lucifer broke her from her trance. With a flinch, she peered up at the man with tired emerald eyes.

His stare was trained on her. "I didn't appreciate your explosion in front of River." He lectured. Emotion bubbled inside her like an angry flask of carbon, her fists clenching and nails digging into her palms. "You- You!" She began.