꧁•⊹٭𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚒𝚝𝚛𝚎 𝚅𝚒𝚗𝚐𝚝-𝙲𝚒𝚗𝚚٭⊹•꧂

The plot only got thicker

Arriving from the depths of the forest, forcing herself out of a bush, stood a wolf of legend. Her dirty white fur danced in the wind, overlapping scars creating rifts in its plain of silk. Deadly red irises sat in a pool of dark yellow, focused on another in the clearing.
Three long claw streaks scrunched up the side of her face. She showed no sign of submitting to Artemis' commanding roar, only pooling anger at her authority. Two white wolves, across the clearing from each other, stood with heads and tails high.

The wolves around her blurred out of existence. Her subconscious willingly opened for the wolf ahead of her, who did not hesitate to wander in.

"You've made a mistake." A deep, angry feminine voice snarled in her head. "You shouldn't have shifted. You shouldn't have howled." She angrily snapped.

Artemis did not like this. "Who're you to say that?" She argued, "If I hadn't allowed that shift- we would be dead."

"And maybe that would be for the best!" The Tyrant roared.

Artemis' shackles ruffled like an angry bird. Her claws dug into the earth as she took threatening steps toward the white she-wolf. "Who are you!" She howled, "You have been chasing River; I know you have been. Why?!" 

The white wolf narrowed her bloody red irises at her. "There are a lot of things you don't know." She said in a dead tone, "You made a mistake coming here."

She was about to speak, but the white wolf interrupted Artemis. "Having a mate and becoming a full-fledged werewolf  is not your only dilemma." She vaguely said, "You have set things in motion that'll be the end to all those you love."

That was the last thing she said before escaping into the forest with Alpha Lycoris on her tail.

"That's... vaguely terrifying," Blaine muttered.

River had finished telling the tale of everything she had heard from The Tyrant. Some of what she remembered wasn't word for word, but it was hard to forget what she was told.