Chapter 16 | Club Crazy

A heavy bass droned on, vibrating the walls and shaking the cores of living beings. 

Vibrant lights shone through a doorway every few minutes it opened, women and men shuffling inside with their little groups.

A platinum-haired woman, a black-haired woman, and a curly brown-haired woman all stood together. 

River wore black slacks, a black laced top with different floral designs, and a black dress jacket to cover her pale arms. Her white hair was done in a clean bun.

Her friends both wore dresses. 

Anu wore a dark red drop-shoulder dress that went down to her thigh, and Blaine wore a dark green party dress with generous cleavage.

The women stood in a line, which quickly moved along. 

Once they reached the front, a large man stood with his arms crossed. Another stood on the other side. They were covered head to toe in muscle, and their dead-set eyes told her these men don't mess around.

Not uttering a single word, each woman offered their ID. 

Blaine had created a fake ID for Anu, as she was one year away from being legally allowed to drink. 

The beautiful woman looked old enough for it to be passable; she even had a child.

However, Anuke would not drink despite the opportunities.

The large man nodded curtly, gesturing for the women to enter the club. 

Blaine grinned mischievously, "Finally, I can get drunk and laid!" She cheered with her arms raised to the sky. 

River nervously smiled at her.

Following the ecstatic ebony-haired woman inside, the club's loud music rang through her ears. Men and women danced on the dance floor, grinding against each other and dancing with their friends. 

The club was a werewolf club, so most pairs dancing together were mates.

River still wasn't used to this mate thing. 

She couldn't believe Lucifer, a Greek god, was her fated soul mate. Blaine told her not to tell Lucifer she was clubbing, or he'd find a way to join them.

River saw no reason to hide things from him. If he wanted to join in the festivities- then why not?

She didn't understand why they had to keep it a secret from him. She didn't like withholding truths, so once she entered the club, she took out her phone and opened Lucifer's contact.

7:32 pm, 98% battery

Riv: Blaine, Anu, and I are at the Lyncon nightclub! You can come if you'd like.