Chapter 9

Talking about my father always makes me feel so sad and gets me down. The manager spoke for a long time with me about him before she let me go home. It's night already.

I should go to see him then. I should eat some food, but there are many unanswered questions inside me about him. Will I be stepping boundaries if I do that? Will he think that I am doubting him about something totally unrelated to him?

Will he be angry? Even when I want to ask about ME, why am I hesitating?

Father, when am I going to let your hand go? You still have a lot of impact on me and my life. The decisions I need to make. The words I need to say. I stop them before I do something because I am still afraid that I will get hurt.

Physical wounds are nothing compared to the mental wounds I bare.

"Whatever it is, I want to see him at the very least, even if I can't ask him any questions."

----------

He was as bright as always. His cheerful smile actually cleanses my soul. He is a beauty. Am I actually attracted to only looks? Damn!

He saw me with a heavy crowd standing in front of him. He gave me a small smile.

That was enough for me to forget all the bad things that happened.

There were actually no available seats. This is the first time I saw his shop this crowded. Maybe I can't eat today. I should just leave because I saw his face already. Maybe I should buy something in the convenience store before I reach home.

I walked out of his shop. The night breeze is cool. I feel very cold for some reason. I am getting an ominous feeling too. I wonder what is this about.

Someone held my hand suddenly, and I got so surprised that I hit him in the stomach before turning back.

"Ouch," The man groaning in pain crouched down. As the moonlight fell on him. I was surprised to see his face.

"Adil?"

"Hey, Nandini"

"What are you doing here? I am so sorry that I hit you." I spoke sitting down to his height.

I am panicking.

"I am really sorry"

"Relax, it's my fault to approach you silently."

He stood up in a few minutes. God! That must've hurt.

"I came to ask why did you leave without eating anything?"

"Ah, the store was so crowded. I thought I would skip just for today"

Did he really come to me to ask that while his store was completely crowded?

How nice of him.

"It's fine, come with me," He said and held my hand.

He is being touchy all of a sudden. Although I don't hate it. I won't exactly say I like it, either. Someone touching my skin makes me scared and flinch. I hope he won't observe that.

He took me to the back of his kitchen. There was a small room with a fridge and the necessary plates, with a small table and 2 chairs in between.

"This is the break room"

There are not many people, but the crowd before settled down and ate. Did he cook for all of them and come back to me in such a short time?

What is he? A superman?

"What do you want to eat today?" Even though I always leave the choice in his hands he, every single day, asks me this question.

"Your choice"

I lost interest in food after eating the food in my home for years. The food tastes so good when he cooks it, but I still don't know if I can make a choice of my own. But whatever he makes it's always so tasty, so leaving the choice in his hands is not so bad.

"Here you go"

"Thank you"

Our little conversations and the little time I spend together with him is so beautiful and peaceful that I wish the days would go on like this forever. I can't expect more.

No, I don't deserve more because I am a sinner who killed my mother.

"So, how does it taste?"

"Tasty as always"

Yup, I hope this happiness remains!

------

A few days passed.

The killing in the area increased. There are more bodies being found every day, almost being of the same condition.

I used to hear it slightly in news but never actually I paid any attention to it, but I now regret it.

Adil is standing in front of me right now with sharp teeth on the edge of his mouth which are called fangs. His hands and the side of his veins are clearly visible as they are ready to pop. His eyes are red and he is panting heavily. His eyes are filled with my image.

I have seen many hints, but I always choose to ignore them because I liked him, but ...

He is going to kill me today.

Although I think that he looks like he was struggling to control himself for the last few minutes.

"Your blood smell is so intoxicating as if drugs. I am unable to control myself" He spoke for the first time after a long time.

His eyes are teary.

Would he cry for every person he kills? Or am I just an exception?

I think I am going before you, father.

I closed my eyes hard after I saw him moving front to my neck after he dug his nails into the back of my neck, holding me tight.

Do I have to fight?

Do I need to fight?

Do I even have a right to live?

I wish this life would end soon so that god can give me a better life the next time.

"Stop" I heard a different voice from Adil's

I opened my eyes and was surprised to see a person standing in the air on top of Adir. He was literally standing on air

"Otherwise you are going to regret it" He spoke again. His voice is deep and scary. The voice that feels like he can only order.

The darkness isn't making his face clearly visible, but I can see his crimson-red eyes shining even in the dark. His eyes have superiority. His eyes glanced at me. I flinched as I saw the hatred in his eyes. He can kill me too, but he is someone who can stop this. He is wearing a black robe that is flying with the air.

Did he save me?

Who is he?

.

.

.

.

.

Hello readers,

I know I uploaded it after a long time but guess what, The story gets so interesting from this point on. Who is that mysterious guy? Will Nandini see him soon again?

Adil is a vampire and the cat got out of the bag. Now what?

Read it to find out.

Adios.