Chapter 18

It was just like that, without even realizing 5 months had passed. My baby is growing, and my belly is showing. It is a happy moment for me. I will deal with everything by myself. I would never depend on anyone and never let anyone criticize my baby or me.

Despite not knowing anything about you, I love you dearly.

Yes, I have been talking to my baby for a while now. Having conversations with my baby in my womb was one of the best things about being pregnant. I was told not to work by my manager, but I need money, and having to work to get it is my only option. In addition, staying home won't provide me with food. I need to raise myself and my baby.

Mommy will do everything, so you won't regret being born to me, my darling. I spoke, rubbing my belly slowly. I want it to be born strong and healthy.

Manik and his brother Adil both disappeared and never showed up in front of me after that. I do, sometimes think about where they are and how they are, but it's not new for someone to leave my life abruptly like that so what good does it come to actually have a bond with someone?

I never had any expectations anyway. Furthermore, I was always alone and alone. As UI thought that, my belly started hurting a little. But it stopped immediately as my baby is saying that I am forgetting that my child is there with me.

Mommy didn't forget you, my dear. I am just remembering my pathetic life, that's it. Of course, I won't be alone from now because you are there with me.

"Nandini, I am going to the market. Do you need something?"

"Give the list to me. I will go"

"No, how--"

"I want to walk for a bit and get some fresh air, so it's fine"

"If you say it like that, then--" She gave me the list of things that needed to be brought along with some money.

As soon as I stepped out of the shop, the cool night hit my face. It is actually refreshing.

I started strolling.

"Do you know, darling? Mommy is pleased to have you. She has always been lonely all her life, but not anymore. She has you. Not only that, but she can talk with you every day and feel your pulse inside me, that is the happiest moment for me. No matter whose blood you have doesn't matter because you are mine.

I wonder how wonderful it will be after you are born.

You will play with mommy, right?

I will never raise you like the way my father did. I will raise you with so much love like my mother raised me. Likewise, I will do everything to provide you with a good life. I will give you everything you ask. You will be my everything. I am a that I have to wait a few more months to actually see you, but it is as exciting as it is.

I---"

Cold air suddenly hit me. It was different from before. I felt a strange chill. I stopped walking and turned back. The street is empty, but it was bright with the streetlight. My instincts tell me to go away from here quickly.

I started to walk as quickly as possible.

"Uhh," A person's voice was heard suddenly from the back alley. It was too dark to see.

I should just go away.

"Help me" I heard a slow voice mumble.

I should quickly run, but what if there was an injured person inside, and they need my help? I really want to run away, but.

I turned towards the alley and stopped before stepping inside. I felt a small kick from my belly. Is it my baby?

Can babies kick at 5th month? But keeping that aside, I feel like my baby is telling me to not go inside.

I should just go away from here and call the cops and tell them there might be a person inside there. If he is injured and needs help, the police might help him better than me.

I turned back to leave quickly, but suddenly someone closed my mouth from the back.

!!

Who?

"You are not easy to deceive, huh" He mumbled near my ear. I am scared. I have to protect myself and my baby. I need to--

"You are coming with me miss" He spoke and mumbled something in my ear. What is--

I feel strangely sleepy. I should not sleep. I should not--

-------------

I woke up with a gasp, and I was lying on the ground in a strange small room. There is no window except a door which is a metal one.

I looked around, there is a small single cot bed on which I am presently lying. The room is empty. I touched my belly

Are you fine...my baby? I am sorry mommy put you in danger. I will do everything to keep you safe.

I gave slow pats to my belly and tried to get down, but observed that my legs are having shackles and the chain is fixed to the bed. It was a little bit to reach the door and that's it.

What is it? Am I kidnapped?

Still, there is nothing with me to even kidnap me. No money and not anything. I have nothing, so why me?

This must be a mistake.

They bought me here for someone else. That must be right. If I talk to them, they will understand. I should just talk to them.

I got down from the bed and walked to the door. I slowly tried to push it, but it is locked. There is a small peek door on the top and its handle is from outside, probably. I couldn't open it either.

"Is anyone there?" I banged on the door.

"Hello... It's a mistake. You must have brought me here for someone another person. I am broke. I am Nandini and I don't have any money to offer. It must be a misunderstanding. Please open the door. "