Chapter 11

I feel like I want to die! but why can't I answer that loudly? 

"What right do you have to live?" He asked me while squeezing my neck. Does a person need a right if they have to live? 

I want to be happy. I want to have a peaceful life. Is that not enough? Is that not a proper reason for me to live? Maybe it is better if I die? 

He is choking me. I am unable to breathe. I started struggling. Why am I struggling? 

Maybe I don't want to die? 

-----------

I woke up with a jerk. My face is completely wet with sweat. I was afraid. Why is my father suddenly coming to my dreams? I don't want to see him. 

I have to get to work. I need to work so that I don't remember him. I got down the bed got ready and quickly went to the store. 

The manager was sitting on a chair watching TV while arranging a bouquet. The store is not opened yet. 

"Good morning" 

"Huh? Nandini? why are you so early? It's just 7 in the morning" 

"I woke up early and had nothing to do so--" 

"Did something happen?" 

"What will happen?" 

She remained silent for a moment as I was wearing my apron quickly. 

"Wait! Did you have breakfast?" 

"huh? no" I replied. 

"Go to your favorite person's store and have some breakfast first. I am not open yet" She spoke removing the apron on my body and pushing me out of the store. 

"Don't come quickly" SHe said and shut the door in my face. 

*Sigh* 

What a bad day. I need to go fill my energy looking at Adil. 

I walked to his store. Actually, I have never been to his store this early in the morning. It was always at night. If only eating is a luxury then having breakfast is more than a luxury. 

My mother always insisted that I, my father, and mother always have breakfast together but after she died, my father hardly came outside his room. It will be mid-noon by the time he comes out and he starts drinking immediately after that. 

I always wanted to eat together but he used to tell me it was a waste of food for me to eat the portion of my dead mother. He already considered me dead when my mother died. he wants my mother to be in my place of me. 

Why didn't I die in her place? I asked this question myself a lot of times. I didn't find any particular answer. 

I walked inside his store which is rushy so early in the morning. 

Adil is showing his charms THIS early? But today is especially crowded. More than before. It's like people NO ladies are struggling and fighting to go inside. 

What's happening? 

Should I go to the back? 

Maybe I shouldn't. I pushed my way inside because I was curious to see what was happening inside. There is a person standing at the counter who is not Adil. 

He has pure white skin. A slight beard. His eyes are deep emerald. His hair was tied in a bun and it was soft and wavy. He is tall. He has a small tattoo on his right hand. The tattoo of two swords crossed and blood dropped in between them. He is simply so handsome. So handsome than Adil. So handsome than any person I have ever seen in my life. He has a familiar feeling but I don't remember seeing him before. 

I stood in line to order. I can see many women asking for his number. Boy, if I had seen him earlier than Adil, I would have done the same too. He looks irresistible. His looks make any women flaunt. He is just so hot. 

His hand nerves showing while taking the orders is so sexy. He suddenly looked at me. He gave me a smirk and looked away. 

What the hell just happened? He looked at me, right? Or is it another person? I looked back and there is a big line back me. I am sure it's someone else. Right? 

It's finally my turn to order. 

I looked at the menu but just as always, I am clueless about what to eat. I don't have a taste. 

"What do you recommend?" I asked and he smiled at me. 

"Isn't  it better to eat something which you like more than a recommendation Ms. Nandini?" 

"How do you know my name?"

"Adil told me" 

"Why isn't he here today?" 

"Some general issues but Ms. Nandini you have to select fast because there are many people standing behind you" He spoke. 

What? I don't know what to order. Don't rush me.

"Reecommend--

"Ms. Nandini Quick" 

"Th--then this" I showed him in a panik 

"That's a very tasty dish, Ms. Nandini." He spoke and gave me the bill. 

I moved out of the line.  Th--that was so scary. This is the first time I ordered on my own. I wonder if it tastes bad. 

I sat down in a just emptied chair. After a few minutes, He brought me the dish I ordered and placed it in front of me. 

For looks, it looks so normal. 

Somehow my hand is shivering to taste something I selected something on my own. I shouldn't have come here. 

"Have a taste Ms. Nandini" He spoke. 

Why didn't he leave yet? 

I took a spoon full of food and placed it in my mouth. There are butterflies in my mouth. The taste is incredible. I just can't believe I am eating something so delicious. 

He walked away without saying a word but I can see his small smile around the corner of his mouth. 

The first time I ordered food. The first taste is so beautiful. I feel so happy that my eyes teared up.