Chapter 28

Manik pov, 

I came into this world destined to rule over vampires. The moment I was born, my father, who was the current king, decided it was time to step down and handed over the crown to me – a mere newborn. Growing up in the vampire world, I had to figure out my powers and responsibilities on my own. It wasn't an easy task, especially considering that the world outside saw us as nothing more than mythical creatures or scary monsters.

Despite being the vampire king, I found myself confined, unable to roam freely as I wished. Responsibilities and the weight of leadership limited my nocturnal adventures, and it bothered me. While I struggled with my duties, my brother Adil had a different experience. He grew up surrounded by servants, getting everything he wanted without a care in the world. His carefree lifestyle meant I often had to step in and clean up the messes he left behind, just because I wore the crown.

As the centuries passed, the vampire urges that once consumed us faded away. We became detached from the world, witnessing the rise and fall of empires and the ever-changing landscape. Despite the passage of time, the frustration of being a powerful vampire king, craving the freedom of the night, persisted. All the while, the oblivious human world continued to exist, unaware of our existence and struggles.

Roaming through the human world wasn't just a whim for me; it was a responsibility. Understanding the ever-changing world was crucial to ensuring the safety of my vampire community. During one of my countless visits, I encountered a scene that struck a chord within me.

A 10-year-old girl emerged from a house, blood streaming down her head. Despite her obvious distress, she struggled through the streets. The aroma of her blood hit me immediately, tempting my vampiric senses. She collapsed in front of me, unconscious, and I couldn't ignore her plight.

"Call an ambulance," I instructed my brother, who was with me. He promptly followed my command, and as I examined the child, I noticed multiple wounds on her body. The scent of her blood was enchanting, and I found myself compelled to help her.

In that moment, I temporarily shed my vampire instincts and became a human being. The child, pitiful and broken, resembled a reflection of my past self. Placing my hands on her head, I unintentionally delved into her memories – her pain, her tears.

Realizing the urgency of my responsibilities, I acknowledged the conflict within me. 

"So that's how she ended up in this state. I don't know who you are, but you've made me miss an urgent matter of mine. I can't stay here longer, so I'll heal you."

Although I couldn't alleviate her emotional pain, I pondered the possibility of erasing her memories. Despite not being a saint or a god, an inexplicable desire to help her lingered. I hesitated, contemplating whether to take away her memories, but a realization struck me – in this world, every person must bear their pain alone. I couldn't solve her underlying issues, but perhaps I could offer the solace of forgetfulness.

"People should bear everything they went through for their whole life, good or bad," I concluded, grappling with the understanding that, despite my supernatural abilities, some burdens were meant to be carried individually. (Refer chapter 2 if forgotten) 

Even though I left her there...something about her made me not being able to forget about her but she is gone. I don't know where she is or how she is doing. 

I completely forgot about her existence as more time passed. 

One day, my brother, declared his decision of wanting to open a restaurant in the human world. I didn't understand what brought him to that conclusion but he was a golden spoon kid. He always got whatever he wanted so as his brother I had to give him what he wanted. 

Everyday coming from the restaurant the only name I used to hear from him was Nandini. Maybe because of hearing about her everysingle day who bewitched a Vampire. I got curious about her. 

As soon as I found my brother becoming a killer for blood I had to go to human world to clear up his mess but the situation got more serious as more victims raised every day. 

My father decided, Adil should be locked inside the home as a punishment and also giving him time to control his urges. 

But even at that time...Adil got worried about only one person. 

Nandini! 

How can a human make him like that? Whaat is with h=this human. 

I thought this was my chance to finally see her. 

But the memories came back when I saw her for the first time. 

The 10 year kid grown up to be a young adult now. The misfortunes didn't leave her but she struggled and with her strength she tried to overcome it. 

She was special. Strong. Unlike me, she didn't bend with situations. She changes it trying to making a better life. She always struggled to live. 

It gave me pleasure to teach her even smallest things as eating. I started enjoying her company more. I was getting bewitched as if she was a witch herself. 

It was new and I didn't hate it. 

But a mistake happened. 

I raped her. I can't sugarcoat it. 

I couldn't control my urge. I made a mistake. 

I was one of m any who ruined her life when she was building it slowly with her remaining strength. 

I got scared. I had to run away from her. 

But I didn't know that night will come back to me as a form of a life. 

I had to bring her back to me. 

Is this like a chance I was given to rectify my mistake? If so is it fine for me to love her? 

Is it okay for me to be selfish? 

Is it okay for me to hold a fragile human into my arms? 

I don't know but the only thing I know is that I didn't want to let her go. 

She is mine.