Chapter 17

Next Morning .. at Raizada Mantion

Everybody was assembled for breakfast on the dining table. Arnav has finished his food  but then Anjali put more sandwiches on his plate.

Arnav (irritated) : Di, what are you doing ??

Anjali : You better finish your food now Chotte.. yesterday you fainted because of that only.. You never eat anything, everyday work and work.. you don't pay attention to your health.

Anjali scolded him filling his plate with sandwiches which more irritated him.

Arnav : But Di, I am already full .. ( he tries to object )

Khushi, Aman, NK and Akash laughing at the poor state of Arnav. From the morning Anjali lecturing him for being careless about his health and forced him to eat more than what he usually eats.

NK : eat na Nanav ..  see Di is feeding you with so much love which we hardly get .. Right Aman ?? ( He said with naughty smile )

Aman : Yaah .. how poor we are .. ( he said making said face )

Anjali (angrily) : shut up both of you .. ( turned to Arnav ) and you finish your food ..

Arnav : Di .. you are overreacting now .. ( he rolled his eyes angrily )

" Then learn how to take care of yourself.." Anjali glared at him, " If Khushi wasn't there, then what would have happened to you? Did you ever think of that? No, your mind is always on your work "...

Hearing khushi's name Arnav's face turned toward khushi who was already looking at him .. they both lost in each other's eyes thinking about yesterday how khushi looked so worried seeing him in that state and now she relieved seeing him eating as she never wanted to see him again like yesterday ... Just then her brain quickly snapped and an idea came to her ... She hurriedly took her phone and typed a massage and sent it to Aman.

Aman's phone beep and he saw Khushi's massage. He opened and read it ..

" Aman, tell Di how careless he is about his health and how I take care of him in the office "

Aman was confused reading her massage, Aman knows that she will not say this for getting praises from others but then what is the reason ..

" But .. why ?? " Aman massage to khushi

" I want to take care of him but you know he will not listen to me So if Anjali gives me the responsibility then he will not say NO to his Di and also he will not doubt me " khushi replied.

" Wow !! You're really an ASR .. what a plan Sherni, Am impressed " Aman massage to khushi.

" Stop praising me and do what I said " khushi replied.

Aman : you are right Anju .. he didn't take care of him .. if khushi was not there then don't know what will happen ... ( He said looking at Anjali ) I think we should give this responsibility to someone who takes care of Arnav's food and medicines .. ( he said ignoring angry glares from Arnav )

Anjali (thoughtfully) : you're right Aman, But to whom should we give this responsibility ??

Anjali considers Aman's suggestion when her eyes fall on Khushi and a thought comes to her mind.

Anjali : khushi can you look after his meals and medicine please ..

Arnav irritatingly looked at Anjali and said : Di, I'm not a baby ..

Anjali : you keep quiet chotte ( look at Khushi ) please khushi for me ..

Khushi : but Di, in the office he is my boss .. do think he will listen to me without getting angry on me .. ( she said making a nervous expression as if she was scared of him )

Anjali : he will not say anything to you, I will make sure that  ... And if he didn't listen to you, just call me I will take his lesson

Khushi : ok Di .... Anything for you ... ( She said with an innocent face )

Aman jaw dropped seeing how innocently she said as if she was only doing this for Anjali but only he knew that she was smirking inside.

Mehra Mantion

A girl wearing a peach colored narkali suit was coming down the stairs smilingly. something different was clearly visible in her smile and shining eyes, which was hard to ignore. she started going towards the dining table, a voice stopped him.

" Sanchi " she turned and saw a woman in her late 45 come in front of her. She's none other than Shalini Mehra.

Sanchi (smiled) : good morning mom ..

Shalini : kya baat hai .. today my daughter is looking very happy, what's the matter??

Sanchi : because it is a matter of happiness mom, today my wait of three years is over.

Shalini (confused) : What do you mean??

Sanchi (Excitedly) : I got a call last night from Anjali Di, she told me that Arnav has finally come to India. I'm very happy mom.

Shalini's smile vanished, Her eyes filled with worry for her daughter who is lost in her own world totally unaware of this.

Shalini : don't you think you are overreacting ..

Sanchi : overreacting?? How can you say like that, mom ?? you know very well how much I have waited for my love and when he finally has come you are saying am overreacting.. ( she said angrily )

Shalini (sighed) : Did he ask you to wait for him, No right?? he doesn't even know that you love him .. (paused) .. look beta, false hopes always hurt.

Sanchi : it's not any false hope, mom. If he doesn't love me now, he will someday or the other, I know. my love will make him love me deeply, like I do. Don't say this again .. ( she said tears fill eyes )

Shalini can see how much hurt she felt by her words " I didn't mean to hurt you by saying this, beta " Shalini said softly.

Sanchi : but it's hurts mom, it's hurts. I know my love is one-sided now but I'm sure that one day I will win his love. You just support me mom please ...

" Don't worry doll, you will get your Arnav, I will make sure that dear " Harsh Mehra said coming towards them.

Sanchi : really ?? papa ..

Harsh side hug her and said : yes doll, Papa will give you whatever you want at any cost.

Sanchi hugged him happily as she knew if harsh said something then he would do it no matter what. Now no one can come between Arnav and her.

Sanchi : thank you, papa ..

Harsh kissed on her forehead and As soon as Sanchi left, Harsh angrily looked at Shalini.

Harsh : I don't want any discussion on this matter again, if doll wants Arnav then she will get it .. understood .. ( he said sternly and left )

Shalini stood there helplessly, knowing that if Sanchi could not make Arnav fall in love with her then for his daughter's happiness Harsh will forced Arnav to marry her. But the question is here .. Will Sanchi get happiness in her life by doing all this? No, never. Forced relationships will never stay long because Forced relationships are always like a noose in which we just keep suffocating and in the end we're just left with regrets.

Shalini only prays that Sanchi does not follow the path of her father. do what is right,  Do not win his love by plotting, but make him believe in her love with the truth and depth of her love. Shalini just hopes Sanchi understands this as soon as possible.

.

To be continued ....