7. Felice and August

"So why'd you do it?"

August was sat on his bed, leaning against the wall with his feet on the bed, hanging his head and avoiding eye contact with Felice. Felice was leaning against his desk opposite the bed with her arms crossed over her chest.

"So? No explanation? Did you plan to take over all along or what?"

Felice asks August question after question, without much in the way of replies.

"You can't even recognize how fucking awful what you've done is? You're never going to be the Crown Prince, you know? Even if Wille doesn't really want it, he'd be a thousand times better than you anyway."

"What the fuck do you know about it?" August finally feels moved to respond.

"Well, I know that it's people who don't want power that make the best rulers and the people like you who only want power that make the worst. You don't think of anyone but yourself."

"That's not true."

"No? Who else then? Sara? I don't think you even really knew how to care about her. You promised her you'd turn yourself in and what the fuck did you do? Cooked up some other scheme to avoid taking responsibility for the video while fucking everyone else over. She actually loved you, as crazy as that seems. She betrayed her brother to give you a chance to do the right thing...And look what you've done to her. You let her down and made her hate you."

August's eyes started to shine brighter and he looked directly at Felice this time, the rage and pain visible in his face.

"You know people would never accept you as the Crown Prince even if it were possible for you to take over at this point, don't you? They can't get rid of Wille now. He's come out to the whole world. The Royal Court would look like a bunch of bigots and there would be a huge backlash. This isn't the fucking 1700s anymore, no matter what you people think."

"Wille won't have any heirs if he's with another guy, and he can barely keep his shit together most of the time. He can't hack it as the Crown Prince or King or anything."

"You really think that? Would you have been able to come out on national television? You're such a coward you can't even take responsibility when you fuck up."

August glared at Felice and contorted his mouth in disgust but didn't respond.

"You know August, maybe you actually did him a favor by leaking that sex tape. I think people realised how brave he is today, and they'll love him even more because he's a decent human being. It's just...I can't believe you'd leak it just because you're fucking jealous. That's so low."

"Wille has everything and just shits on it! He never wanted to be Crown Prince or even Prince. He slums it with someone like Simon because he has no respect for the importance of the position and doesn't give a shit about the Royal Family or our reputation and traditions! That's why I uploaded it!"

Felice could feel her heart beating harder in her chest. She wanted to end this conversation as quickly as possible and get away from this extremely unhinged man.

"So you thought you'd expose him in a sex tape to take it away from him. That sounds insane."

An evil smile came over August's lips as he continued. Felice could tell he was just posturing and using it as a mask to hide his rage and pain.

"It was just a plus. He humiliated me. I was angry and that's what I did. I felt bad about it at the time but it's done and I can't let him just fuck everything up now."

"You need to turn yourself in." Felice half-heartedly states, not even suspecting that she could ever convince him to do it.

"You can't prove I filmed them, just that it was done with my phone. You can't prove who uploaded it either. You have no proof of anything."

"No, but I don't think you'll be able to live with yourself forever. You're such a fucking coward, really."

"Are you done insulting me or was there something else you wanted to tell me? If not, you can go now."

"I'm done."

Felice uncrossed her arms and walked back to the door where she unlocked it and turned back to look at August one last time. "You still have time." He didn't answer her but furrowed his brow.

She turned back and headed out the door. She pulled it closed behind her and let it slam shut, immediately speeding up her stride, trying to escape as quickly as she could without breaking into a sprint. She slid her hand into her pocket, clasped her phone and said to herself in a whisper once she'd rounded the corner "Vilken jävla idiot han är. What a fucking shitty movie villain." She sprinted back to her room.