28. festen på palatset (2)

"Wille's almost out front! I'm gonna go meet him!" Felice looked at her phone then shouted it over the music to the girls who were spinning around and singing along on the dancefloor. She ran through the crowd to the front door.

"Wille! Wow....I love it!" He laughed. She was looking him up and down, opening his coat to admire his ripped T-shirt and jeans, Converse and studded belt. Several first years had arrived with him. They were also dressed in a smattering of different approximations of 1970s disco, with bell bottoms and leisure suits.

"You look like you could definitely sing punk rock. You'll have to come do "God Save the Queen" for karaoke." She chuckled at him.

"I can't sing but I'll watch you and Simon, and dance...Diana Ross?" He asked her as he stepped back to admire her costume, the fur, gold, and the voluminous afro. "You look great! I love the hair!" She posed and pursed her lips, framing her face with her hand as she did so. He chuckled then smiled at her as they linked arms and walked in together followed by Valter, Henry and the other first year boys. They all headed to the dance floor and greeted the girls who were all giggling and having drinks from Stella's flask. They all started dancing, the boys mostly attempting to make each other laugh with crazier and crazier "disco" moves.

After some dancing and laughing, Felice gently led Wilhelm to the entrance corridor where it was slightly quieter and asked him when Simon was supposed to arrive with Sara.

"It's been about an hour since he said anything. They were waiting for Ayub and Rosh then. I think they must be on their way."

"Ok good...I feel nervous, you know? About seeing Sara again. I know I have to talk to her and try to get over what she did, but I don't know how to trust her anymore. I want it to be like it was before, but I don't think it can be."

"Not right away, but I think over time you'll be able to trust her again. I think she's learned her lesson. I hope so anyway."

Felice felt encouraged but still nervous. As they stood in the corridor, they both heard loud conversation at the door and looked over. It was a group of third year boys led by Vincent with Nils close behind. Both were dressed as some approximation of 70s pimps with fedoras, bell bottoms, and long, fur coats.

"Wille! How's it going?!" Vincent slapped him on the shoulder, then wished Felice a happy birthday and walked into the main room toward the dance floor. The other boys followed, Alexander was among them, and he avoided eye contact with Wilhelm as he passed by. Nils hung back a bit to chat with Wilhelm, and Felice decided to head back in with the first years.

"So how are things with Simon?" Nils asked raising an eyebrow as if he were skeptical. "Isn't he here yet?"

"Really good. He's on his way now with some friends." Wilhelm could smell the liquor on Nils' breath, and felt uncomfortable with how close he was getting as he swayed forward from time to time into Wilhelm's face, forcing him to take steps back to avoid being collided with.

"You know you're still welcome to come to Verbier if you ever feel like you need a change. It gets crazy, believe me! You'd be really surprised at how different it is with guys from your own league. There's just a different level of understanding..." Nils was gesturing wildly and then grabbed Wilhelm's shoulder, squeezing it without letting go.

"Thanks. That's alright. I'm happy how things are." Wilhelm looked down at Nils' hand on his shoulder, hoping he wouldn't have to remove it, but Nils was too drunk to notice how uncomfortable Wilhelm was.

"Well, the offer's always on the table, just so you know. And just in case it wasn't obvious, I'm available, and up for it." Nils stroked his hand down Wilhelm's arm, then moved it to his waist and tried to pull him close to whisper in his ear "seriously, think about it." Wilhelm went rigid and leaned back as far as possible, trying to get away from this drunk pimp who was trying to grope him.

Luckily Nils realised people might see them and get ideas about him by being so close to Wilhelm, so he let go, told him to have fun, slapped him on the shoulder, and headed in to the party to dance.
As he walked in he sent a text message.

Nils: "He's not here yet but will be soon. I'll let you know, then you can head over."

Wilhelm climbed out the window from the corridor, opposite the usual entrance and found some dry moss to sit on nearby where he could be alone.. He sat outside for a moment to brush off the feeling of discomfort at having his personal space invaded by a drunk Nils. He tried to excuse and forget his behaviour by thinking that he probably didn't know what he was doing, but it didn't make the gross feeling go away.

Suddenly he heard small vehicles approaching and their engines suddenly cut out nearby. Then he heard at least three voices he recognized and he smiled wide, making his way down the edge of the building, through the thick trees toward the entrance. He saw Rosh and Ayub coming up the path first as they headed up the small group, laughing about something and he decided to jump out of the trees to startle them as they reached the door. He thought it would be slightly creepy to just silently slip out into the greenish glow without saying anything so he decided to make an entrance and hopefully make them laugh. He crouched for a few seconds, then as they were only a few feet from the door, he jumped out and screamed. "Aaaahhhh!!!"

Ayub fell back into Simon, and Rosh immediately got into a fighting stance. Sara squealed and ran back several steps.

"Fuck! What the hell?!"Ayub shouted. "Wille, are you crazy or drunk? I almost pissed myself!" The others immediately started cackling and Wilhelm doubled over with laughter.

As soon as they regained their composure, they all noticed each other's costumes and complimented and laughed about them. Rosh and Ayub had both gone for something like John Travolta in a leisure suit, and Sara looked like she belonged in Studio 54. Simon was still bundled up so Wilhelm couldn't see the whole effect just yet.

"Come on in, guys! Everyone's dancing. Not sure if karaoke has started yet." Wilhelm smiled at Simon. He hung back for a minute to greet him as the others headed in first. "Can I see the rest?"

Simon unzipped his coat slightly to show off the blue sparkles, slightly embarrassed, looking off to one side as he did. Wilhelm looked him up and down shameless and pressed his lips together, licking them subtly.

"Very glam, and hot. I love the eyeliner." Wilhelm said. Simon gave a bashful smile up at Wilhelm who stroked Simon's curls, then leaned in and kissed Simon's cheek. Simon smiled wider, then looked down at Wilhelm's costume, pulling aside his coat too.

"Sid Vicious?" Wilhelm nodded. "Also very hot... I mean, except for the heroin overdose."

"God, that's morbid. Let's just go in!" He zipped up Simon's coat and wrapped his arm around his shoulders, gently starting to lead him inside. He stopped momentarily at the door and leaned in to kiss Simon on the lips first, then led him to the dancefloor.