| 1: Hot, Sweaty Men |

The sun was shining bright over Hosu city with just enough wind to blow off dead leaves from the trees. The ground was dry, and the air was cool. Decorations were hanging from business windows, all sporting the iconic orange and black colors. The words BOO and TRICK OR TREAT were painted on buildings, announcing the upcoming Halloween holiday.

"Thank you so much for tagging along, Izu!" 

Midoriya smiled awkwardly as he followed his friend inside the building, the immediate smell of sweaty socks and the sound of machinery hitting him. 

He had never been inside a gym before. But Ochako had forced him to come along with her. Honestly, he was in need of an outing. He spent his days locked up at home, working on a stupid dream of his. Being outside and hanging out with a friend felt good for once, even though it was in such an awkward place. He didn't know why Uraraka had chosen the gym. He knew the brunette enjoyed working out, but he obviously didn't.
Unlike Uraraka, Izuku sported nothing but a few belly rolls and stretch marks. He wasn't overweight, just chubby. But he still hated himself for it. He hated wearing anything tight or revealing, scared of being picked on. 

That's why he decided to wear an oversized gray hoodie and a pair of white sweatpants today, while Ochako wore a pink sports bra and a pair of black shorts. 

"Alright. So, this is usually where I drop my stuff and I work out with medicine balls or the treadmill. Wanna try with me?" The brown-haired woman offered, dropping her bag on a bench and pointing to a nearby treadmill. Izuku frowned, unsure. He was incredibly uncomfortable here. He'd rather stay at home and eat ice-cream while crying over his broken dream. This was definitely not his thing. Especially when he's surrounded by such hot, sweaty men. He felt trapped- It was suffocating.

"I don't know. I'm too weak to lift big balls like that- And you know I can't run for more than a minute, Ochako." Izuku mumbled quietly. He was very insecure right now. He felt weak and didn't want to embarrass himself. Exercise wasn't his thing at all, and he'd rather just sit and watch his friend work out instead. 

"Come on, Izu. You can't just do nothing all day. At least go socialize!" The brunette encouraged, clutching onto her friend's sleeve. Midoriya looked down, unsure. He really didn't want to make friends with such buff and good-looking people. He'd only make himself feel more self-conscious. "I brought you with me so you could have fun. Stop caring about what other people think. I come here all the time, and everyone here is super nice. Trust me." She continued, tugging on Izuku's arm. The freckled male sighed, looking up to big brown orbs. He truly wanted to be happy again. For the past few years, his life had revolved around his stupid dream and a toxic relationship. 

"How about... I help you out? I could help you with things. I think that's all I'm really good for." Midoriya spoke, lowering his eyes once more. He really didn't have any endurance, whatsoever. He'd only end up embarrassing himself if he tried doing any kind of exercise.

"Huh, there's nothing to help me with, really. But you can keep me company! I'll start with medicine balls. You can join me if you'd like, or just talk. I'm fine with both." She shrugged, making her way towards a shelf. Multiple balls were placed on white shelves, all with numbers on them; numbers Izuku knew he couldn't lift without crying in pain. He was weak and he knew it, but he didn't want to focus on such a thing. He was here to keep his friend company, that's all.

Midoriya watched as Uraraka easily pulled out an orange ball, 65LBS written on it. Ochako, on the other hand, was very strong. 

As the brunette took a seat on the ground to tie her shoes, she noticed her green-haired friend looking around. She knew bringing Izuku here would make him feel a little insecure, but that wasn't the main reason she decided to drag him to this place. She knew damn well Midoriya had been dealing with a toxic and abusive ex. She also that Jax showed up to Izuku's door every few nights just to torment him. She knew l Izuku had a hard time being happy because of the bullshit Jax told him. That's why she had decided to bring him here. She knew everyone here very well, and also knew some of the guys here were open to all kinds of relationships and would surely like Midoriya. All she wanted was for her friend to be happy again.