| 10: Sharpie Doodles |

WARNING: DOMESTIC ABUSE

It was late afternoon, the Christmas decoration slowly beginning to light up on people's front lawns as a light coat of snow covered them. It seemed like a typical day for the 19th of December as a black truck drove quickly through the streets. 

Izuku's heart raced inside his chest as Katsuki parked his truck outside the large brick building. He quickly undid his seatbelt, flung the door open, leaping out as he made his way inside. He was met with the sound of a keyboard, following the voice of a woman. However, her speech was cut short when Izuku slammed his hands on the receptionist's desk. 

"I'm... Izuku Midoriya. My mother's belongings..." He stuttered, panting breathlessly. Large hands pressed itself on his shoulders, making him flinch. He turned to see Katsuki, focusing on the woman in front of them as he gently rubbed his arms for comfort. Midoriya understood his friend's message, taking a deep breath. 

After receiving a call from the police department earlier today, he had hurried to finish his shift at the pizza parlor and made his way to the blonde's apartment in a hurry. Jax Kinochu had been arrested this morning in an apartment, on the outskirts of town. Police found a few things that matched Izuku's description of his mother's things. He was told to come down to the department as soon as possible, where he had no need to worry since Kinochu was being kept in the cells, in the back as he waited to be sentenced to prison in court. 

"I see, follow me, please. Right this way." The woman spoke, fixing her glasses as she led them in the back. Midoriya didn't hesitate to follow her, making his way in a certain room. It looked like the investigation rooms you'd see in cop movies. It felt very unreal to be standing there.

"Please take a seat, Officer Mild with be with you shortly." She finished, leaving the room. The door remained opened as Izuku sat down, hands shaking from nerves. He hoped he'd be able to retrieve him mother's remains and belongings in one piece. Knowing Jax, he probably would have smashed the urn as soon as he got his hands on it. 

"Relax." 

Izuku flinched, snapping out of his trance as he looked over to kind crimson eyes. Katsuki was smiling softly at him as he wrapped his large hands around Midoriya's freckled ones, making the shaking stop. The greenette looked down, taking another deep breath. If his mother's things would be in good condition, it would be without a doubt the best Christmas present ever. 

"Mister Midoriya? Hello, I'm Officer Mild. I'm the one working on your case." A sudden voice resonated. Two sets of crimson and emerald eyes stamped themselves on an older man, with greyish hair and glasses. He was wearing a policeman's uniform which made his look quite formal with the files he was holding. Izuku watched as the man took a seat across the table, laying the files down. "How are we doing today?" The male mumbled as he searched through the paperwork. Izuku shrugged, unsure. To be honest, he wasn't doing too well. He was feeling extremely nervous, and nothing but fear was taking place inside him. 

"Alright, I'll cut to the chase. Here. Do you recognize any of these things? They were found in Mister Kinochu's apartment. They were the closest things detectives found to match the description of your stolen belongings." The man explained, laying several pictures in front of him. Izuku leaned forward, eyes landing on a familiar jar-looking thing, laying across a pile of dirty newspaper. Although there were Sharpie scribbles and inappropriate drawings over it, Izuku could very well make out his mother's urn. Tears welled in his eyes as his throat closed, making it hard for him to speak. He pointed to the first picture with a shaky hand, in hopes of letting the officer know this was one of his belongings.