| 8: Insecurities |

Izuku wiped away another tear as he leaned back on Katsuki's sofa. He sighed quietly, looking over to his right, where the blonde was approaching him with two mugs. After what had happened at Ochako's apartment, the cops had locked down the apartment for further investigating and their search for fingerprints. That meant Midoriya was currently staying with Bakugou, while Ochako and Iida stayed at a local hotel which was paid by the police themselves. It didn't bother the greenette, not one bit. But the fact that his mother's ashes, her special pendant and his money hadn't been found yet, was enough to make his go crazy. He hadn't slept well in the past two days, worried that his mother's urn might have been destroyed by now, and her pendant as well. The money didn't bother him as much, but his mother's belongings were something very special to him and he wanted them back as soon as possible.

"Here, hot chocolate." Katsuki offered, handing a blue mug to Izuku. The greenette took it, looking down to tiny marshmallows. Christmas was approaching, in only three weeks. Yet it didn't feel festive at all, for the small male. "Is your headache gone?" Katsuki questioned, taking a seat next to the freckled male. Izuku shrugged to the thought of the Tylenol he had taken earlier. It hadn't helped much; it just killed the pain a bit. 

"I'm so tired." He mumbled, bringing the cup to his lips and tasting the warm liquid. It was a bit too sweet for his liking, but good overall. 

"You shouldn't worry too much. I know the missing stuff is important to you, but the cops are on your ex's tail. You should have these things back in no time." Katsuki reassured, gently taping Midoriya's knee. Izuku looked down to the blonde's heavy hand, tears forming in his eyes. His lack of sleep was causing him to get overwhelmed easily and his mind raced with different thoughts. His mom's ashes, her pendant, his paintings, his debt, his applications, the date he had went on, the kiss he had almost had, the feelings he was feeling for Katsuki, the blonde's kind actions, his insecurities... Everything piled together added up to nothing but stress.

"Are you okay?" Bakugou's voice was soft with a hint of concern, leading Izuku to sob out loud. He leaned forward, shakily setting the mug on the coffee table before covering his face with his hands. He felt Katsuki rub circles on his back, and usually Izuku wouldn't have liked this because of how chubby his back feels. But he was too exhausted to tell Katsuki to stop. 

Izuku sighed, shaking as his hands were gently taken away from his face and pressed against Bakugou's chest. A large arm was suddenly wrapped around his shoulders, pulling him against the blonde in a well-needed hug. Izuku surprisingly didn't hesitate to hide his face in his friend's shirt, his scent somewhat calming him down and taking his worries away - Almost like a drug. Midoriya stayed like this for several minutes, listening to Bakugou's heartbeat and paying attention to every breath the blonde was taking. This felt surprisingly nice. 

"Relax, okay? I've got you, love. Everything's alright." Katsuki whispered, pressing a kiss on top of green locks. A quiet sob occurred before Izuku pulled away, using his wrist to wipe away one last tear. Their eyes met for a brief moment before Midoriya looked down, finding the courage to ask a question he'd been wanting to ask since the day they had met. 

"What do you see in me? Why do you stick around?" He whined, his hands beginning to shake. He had so many questions in this moment and wanted a few answers. 

"What do you mean? You're the best person I've ever met. When I first saw you, the first thing that came to mind was 'Damn, it's a good day to be gay'. I honestly wanted to choke Ochako for hiding you away for so long. Sharing is caring, y'know." Katsuki stated with pride. Izuku giggled at the statement, looking up to red eyes he found ever so mesmerizing. 

"A good day to be gay?" He chuckled, uncertain. 

"Hell yeah. You're hot as fuck. Your freckles look like stars, and I've made it my mission to count all of them, one day. Your huge ass green eyes are adorable as hell- I can't stop getting lost in them. Your face is round, and I just want to squeeze it all the time. Your hair is so damn fluffy and soft- I can hardly keep my hands off of it whenever you're around." Bakugou spoke, ruffling the greenette's hair. "Not to mention your gorgeous smile, those dimples, your laugh and your voice." Katsuki stated, noticing the shy smile and the reddish hue on the other's face. Izuku looked down with a smile, leaning back on the sofa.