| 16: Meet The Devil |

(Sucky Note: I know this is a bit of a dramatic, unrealistic chapter. But if you think about it, things like this do happen in real life. Even if they are a bit rare, for some of us. Anyway, just roll with it. Things will clear up in chapter seventeen.)

"I'm home." Izuku chanted, walking into the apartment. Emerald eyes took in the silhouette in the kitchen as he felt himself fall in love all over again. Seeing Bakugou cook was something he always loved. But now, Katsuki was wearing nothing but sweatpants and seemed very focused in his task. 

"I'm home..." The greenette repeated, this time more softly as he entered the kitchen, pressing his hands on Katsuki's shoulder. He pressed a quick kiss on the blonde's back, wrapping his arms around his boyfriend's chest. With no reaction, he knew something was wrong. 

"Katsuki?" The curly-haired male whined, pulling away. He shifted to the side, so he could see his partner's face. But he was met with furrowed brows and a scowl. 

"Did anyone call you today?" The blonde eventually spoke, catching Midoriya off guard and causing him to jolt a bit. Izuku shrugged. 

"Well, yeah. I had plenty of orders today." He said, recalling how busy his day had been, at work. 

"No, that's not what I mean." Katsuki sighed, releasing the knife he was using to cut carrots. The blonde rubbed his temples, clearly frustrated. "The chief of police called me today and said he was unable to reach you." Bakugou explained, seeing a confused look on freckled features. Izuku pulled his phone out of his back pocket, eyes landing on numerous notifications. He had turned his phone on silent before heading off to work, so he wouldn't be disturbed.

"Wha..." The greenette whispered, swiping away a few notifications. He looked up to crimson eyes, who's jaw seemed to tighten. 

"There's a chance Jax may have broken out of prison. They don't know how and when, but they couldn't find him anywhere on the prison's territory. Officer Mild just wanted us to be alert and lock our doors at all times. I don't think you should be walking to work too, anymore." Katsuki explained, watching as Izuku went wide-eyed. 

"He escaped?" The greenette spoke, his bottom lips beginning to quiver. "How?" He mumbled, looking down. His throat felt like closing up and his heart ached. Jax was free, but where? He might be anywhere, at this point.

"They don't know. They're investigating, right now. Anyway, curry sound good, for dinner?" Bakugou spoke, turning to continue his cooking again. Izuku looked down, his stomach churning with worry. 

"Yeah. I'm not very hungry, though." He whispered. "I'm going for a shower." Midoriya spoke, heading for the bathroom. That was lie. Izuku hated taking showers during the evenings. Besides, he had taken a shower before his shift. All he wanted was some time for himself, to try and calm down. Only, knowing Kinochu was somewhere out there made him feel sick. He was terrified that his ex-boyfriend would try and break into Katsuki's apartment, like he had done with Ochako. Jax was dangerous and not to be trusted. Ever. Knowing him, he probably wasn't too far, either.