Chapter 8: Abandoned Zhongli?!

AUTHOR: I JUST WANNA SAY THAT THIS WILL BE A CHAPTER THAT WILL CONTAIN ANGST, KINDA ANGST 

Zhongli returned home for him to finally be with Childe after asking Baizhu for some herbs since he couldn't come due to his busy schedule.

As he opened the door, he saw no one in the room. He checked the whole house but still wasn't able to find him. So he went inside their shared bedroom to look for at least a note, yet he found nothing. Usually, when Childe leaves without informing him, he leaves a note.

He started to worry about where the ginger boy might be. He stayed in the room for a bit with nothing but a sense of fear and worry.

But somehow, he realized something that was enough to surprise him. He was able to smell a different person's scent in the room. The scent of a dangerous man. 

He was furious at finding this scent. While he was looking around the house, there were no signs of kidnap or anything. It felt as if Childe left on his will. Leaving the house with another man after letting him in??

Was he cheating on me this entire time? Was he only using me for my body? For fun?  Wasn't I enough for him?  That was what Zhongli had in mind.

Was I a lover to him or no less than a toy to be played with.. After all, he's part of the notorious organization of Snezhnaya. What if Childe has been lying to me the whole time to get my gnosis or some information he needed for his missions..

Zhongli thought to himself as he felt helpless and furious. His mind was full of terrible assumptions and perceptions about Childe.

Zhongli tries to calm himself and comes to a conclusion to talk to Childe about this matter.

He waited day after day, asking everyone in the city if they had seen a ginger-headed man, yet not a single one answered with a yes. A month and a half passed after Childe left.

Zhongli, who normally gets letters from Childe when he is away, is now all alone and has never gotten a single letter from the boy. He was on the verge of giving up and moving on, but his heart ached for being abandoned like this.

Why was he all left alone, with no proper goodbye or explanation? What did he do so wrong that made him leave him when things were just starting to get better for them?

When will he come back...