A solution to laziness

Amber was a lazy 17 year old lady, she often skipped school, didn't complete her homework, and she spent most of the day laying on her bed scrolling through instagram. Ambers little sister, Lexi, was the opposite. She was smart, and an angel of a daughter, which Amber was not.

This didn't bother Amber much however, she lived the way she wanted to, not how other told her too. The people it did bother however was her parents, her mother in particular. Ambers mom had tried everything for Amber to grow up and become the more like Lexi. But this had never happened. It had reached the stage where Amber hardly attended school, despite being in Year 11, and the late nights out with her friends were getting increasingly common. Her mother had decided enough was enough. And while she new it was a risk, going over to old Mrs Davissons house next door would hopefully be the catalyst to beginning to change Ambers personality.

Mrs Davisson was an old lady next door, some would call her a crazy old lady. Her grandkids were almost grown up, so she spent most of her days rocking in her rocking chair and knitting. This was where Ambers mother found her on Monday Afternoon.

"Mrs Davisson I'm here, Katelyn." Said Ambers Mom

"Oh Katelyn you're here, take a seat please, please help your self to some tea and coffee" Greeted Mrs Davisson

"Thank you" Ambers mom responded, grabbing a tea bag and begging to make her hot drink

"Now I understand young Amber has been having some more issues lately?" Queried Mrs Davisson, slowly rocking in her chair

"Yes" responded Ambers mom "she's just too darn lazy, always sitting on the phone of hers, scrolling through social media"

"Well..." began Mrs Davisson "one of my grandkids was a lazy one. And I put her onto something which seemed to work quite effectively"

"And what was that?" Asked ambers mom inquisitively

"We'll I think it'll be easier to show you a picture of her in one"

She pulled out a large picture frame and showed it to Ambers mom

"Pull up diapers???" She asked

"Yes dear" said Mrs Davisson "the reason why is baby's are too lazy to go to the bathroom, if your daughter wants to be lazy, she can be treated like a baby"

"Ok..." said Ambers Mom finishing her cup of tea and placing it down on the bench

"I'll give it a try tonight and see how it goes" she said