𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗱𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

| KING OF EUNCIA ENDER C

| KING OF EUNCIA ENDER C. LARNWICK |

"Ender, you cannot go out there. Not right now. Other Kings and Queens would like to meet you!" My closet friend, Arik commented sneakily as I button up my fur coat.

"Arik. I've been waiting for this moment my entire life, those people are friends of my now-dead parents. Not my own. My people are my first priority. Especially those who are in the poorer parts of town. I'm just going to check on them, see what they need." I answered, motioning my head as I began to walk, Arik rushing to follow next to me.

"Ender! You idiot, these people need to speak with you. They want to form plans, and bonds. This will help your Kingdom in the long haul! You can't just leave everything your parents started, not now Ender." 

"Arik. Enough." I responded, glaring at my unruly best friend. We had known each other since when we were young, but both of our parents never gave us much attention due to their growing kingdoms and aspirations. We had grown to have similar interests. Yet, he was much more frank and proper than I was. He wasn't rude, but he also wasn't kind. He was somewhere in the bitter in-between. 

"King, Ender. I am reasoning with you, this is reasonable!"

I scoffed at his buffering request, my eyes darting to his infinitely talking hands. "you and your hands have spoken enough, I understand you're passionate Arik. I just don't care enough for the rich."

Unlike Arik, my parents had just recently passed away in a tragic attack on their carriage during their travel home. The entire pit was destroyed. All of that beautiful carving was gone in moments. We haven't been able to find the horses nor the driver. As for my parents, they were found in the worst state of their lives. Bleeding out from their mouths and eyes, their guts seemed to have exploded from the inside out. It was an unfortunate demise. Still, the Kingdom must move on.

I was crowned King a week after their death, it was one of the worst days in my life. All my life I've watched the people in my kingdom struggle as my parents turned a blind eye to climb up the ladder of wealth and connections. You'd imagine that in a world where your kingdoms are the only kingdom known to have magic, you wouldn't be too worried about your social status. My parents didn't agree, no matter how old I was, no matter how hard I fought. They didn't care for their people. 

Now that I'm King, I can finally change that, whether the council or Arik agrees. I get the final word, about almost everything.

"What about you're life?! What if one of them stabs you, your just gonna leave your wife?" Arik questioned as I couldn't help but chuckle to myself, my eyes darting onto his gray ones.

"That woman, is not my wife. She has a title, yes, but you know she doesn't have powers. If she was truly for me, they would've sparked the moment my eyes locked with hers."