𝗻𝗼𝗿𝗺𝗮𝗹..𝗶𝘀𝗵 | 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

"Bye Derruis

"Bye Derruis.." I smiled, roughing up my already messy hair as I waved bye to the gigantic man leaving my home.

I shut the door and flopped onto my bed smiling. After a few hours I forced myself up and out of bed and went through my mail one last time, rolling my eyes at the ridiculous paper as I sat it down on my table, a letter I hadn't seen earlier slipping out.

"Jonah Henthorn '' the letter was labeled. My heart throbbed as tears coated my eyes. I had taken on my fathers last name because it was what most people did. I had always assumed my father had died a few years after we had done to my mother. Now that I think about it, I had never even bothered to ask my mother what his name was.

I doubt she would've known, the women had been raped by him after all. My mother had a tragic upbringing and I wanted to keep her as far away from it as often as possible. That meant no questions. The only things I had learned about him and her other lovers was from her drunken rage, or her sober river of tears. IT was.. Sad. To watch my mother cry like that over someone who had hurt her so bad.

You'd think I'd stop caring about her, after all the things she said.. After all the things she did to me. After she told me I was the worst mistake of her life. But dammit, on those few days she wasn't foggy, when she was my beautiful singing mother, who skipped through meadows and gave big warm pies and then went home and made apple crumble pie..

Fuck. I blinked my tears away, empty mindly opening the letter hoping to run from my drowning emotions. The only thing that made my conflicted feelings of grief towards my mother was the fact that Ender was the only thing that truly subsided them.

"Dear Drucilla.. I know you probably hate me, and that you must think I abandoned you and your mother but I want to patch things up, if that's still possible. I want to tell you the truth. I loved your mother dearly, she was the closest person I've ever held to my heart and her death has shaken me out of my haze.. I am so sorry I've left you alone in this world, my beautiful, strong daughter.

Sincerely, your father, Jonah Henthorn."

Dickhead. I know that I don't have room to say much, (with my given career path) but I had believed that my mothers words were the only truth for so long. But now as I turn around and compare all of her sayings and phrases and compare them to my life I see increasing ways as to how she truly was wrong. I skimmed over the letter again, adrenaline rushing through my veins.

"I loved your mother dearly.." How'd he even get my address? Is he watching me, did Ender set me up?

No. Do not allow yourself to be like her, do not spiral. I commanded myself as I took a deep breath.

My father wanted a relationship with me, I am apparently distant from being with the King, and I'm making money. My mother must be upset wherever she is in hell. I put the letter next to the one from this alleged Anonymous and went turned on my shower water.

"Ow!" I jumped back, my hands sparking with flames. Ender needed to start these lessons immediately because I am sick and tired of pausing everything to deal with this bullshit. I grumbled to myself, running my hands under cold water,

Were they in love? Or was that part of her story true?.. I can feel a headache coming on already. Life just got really fucking complicated, and now I have about four more clients to get through with no clue of the next time I'd truly see Ender to discuss all of this, as reluctant as I was he had became the only person I truly trusted.

Maybe it was because if he snitched on me he'd been snitching on himself just as badly, but I would tell him anything. After all he's been.. Patient with me and the loss of my mother. As much as moments like this pissed me off, and thinking of him and how I had grown to miss the shithead made me want to strangle him, I adored our time together.

As the water warmed, I dropped my robe and got in the hot water, warming my skin as I let out a sigh of relief.

I loved a good shower. As I showered, I thought about just how beautiful my tower will be once I move, I lived on a back street in the Kingdom that had a nice view of the sunrise that often had flooded streets but I really didn't want to be around people anymore, I had grown sick and tired of it and I couldn't wait to be all by myself up in my tower. And Ender had brought me closer than ever before.

He truly was great.