𝗵𝗲 𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀? | 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

˚₊‧꒰ა ☆ ໒꒱ ‧₊˚

Fuck. Every time I fall asleep here, I end up staring at the beautiful, ebony red-head curled up in my arms. We were both knocked out, even though I wanted to try and clean her up. Either way, she had drained me, I only came twice but watching the weather body caved into my touch, the need sprawled across her face.. God, she was truly divine.

"Good morning.." I whispered, gently pressing a kiss to her head as I slowly removed her front my chest, tucking her in as I snuck out of the sheets and into the kitchen.

I didn't know where all the ingredients were but I knew enough to make a decent small breakfast, especially after all she's done for me. Most Kings don't know how to cook, but I don't necessarily like feeling dependent on people to care for me, so I learned.

I could still hear Drucilla's soft snore from the kitchen, causing me to smile to myself. Last night proved to me that the sparks are real and that she truly does mean the world to me. I leaned into her small fridge, taking out eggs and milk, then easily reaching her cupboards to grab bread.

She'll like French toast, right? As often as I thought about her, and saw her she still made me nervous in ways like this. I could only hope she'd accept my gratitude, even though I'd have to rush.

Crack. One egg down, two more to go. I listened in on the soft sounds of her breathing to distract myself from the wandering thoughts in my mind.

How do I tell my kingdom that I'm distended to be with a harlot.. I saw her as so much more, and I hated how much public opinion mattered, in most cases I wouldn't care if it didn't affect her. People could be nasty when they didn't get what they wanted.

Hell, half the kingdom didn't even want me to marry Viva..- Double fuck. As much as I'd like to show off Drucilla, I don't think it's a good idea, especially with Viva's needy ass.

I understood why she married me, she had to do it for the money, to help her family. That's why I picked her out of all of the preppy Princess', I thought she'd understand. I never thought she'd want a real relationship as well.

"Ender?.." Drucilla's voice bounced off the walls, a smile crept up and onto my face when I turned around to her looking smaller than ever. The first time I laid eyes on the redheaded menace, in her dark red corset with her favorite dress, the bottoms embroidered, standing tall and proud, I never thought I'd see her like this. In my button-up, rubbing the sleep away from her eyes, her hair messy before she walked up to me and reattached herself to me, hugging me tightly.

"You're warm.." She said, sleep still lacing her tone as I let out a sigh of relief.

"Thank you, beautiful."

I finished prepping our breakfast in happy silence, plating our meals.

"Mmm, why are you still here? She asked as I guided her to her kitchen chair.