𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗻𝗲𝘄𝘀 | 𝘀𝗶𝘅

- Ender's Perspective - 

"What?" I repeated for what felt like the hundredth time, gawking at the good news in front of me.

Arik sighed, rubbing the bridge of his nose frustration oozing from his pores as I rubbed my accomplishment in his face. Arik's head tilted ever so slightly, his shaggy hair falling into his face as he read from the news.

"King Ender, our new and youngest ruler, has successfully implemented a plan to decrease the raging numbers of poverty and starvation in the Kingdom of Eunica. There will be more Kingdom run food stands with much lower prices everywhere so anyone can get food. Those in need of housing can now sign up to become a part of the Kingdom's newest housing program, or better yet become a member of the royal staff.." Arik trailed, a shit-eating grin plastered itself onto my face as I stared at him, his eyes becoming stoic.

"At least there still fucking up your face," Arik smirked, snorting as he showed me the newspaper, a hairy man at least 10 times my size smiled back at me, claiming it was me. As a royal, you'd assume people would be in a hurry to get your portrait right, but boy was wrong.

I shot Arik a glare that only fueled his endless laughter as he toppled over.

"You're a pain in my ass." I reminded him. "If I'm a pain in your ass, what do you think you are to me, Ender?" I choked back a laugh, my smile conforming to my resting face.

Is it bad all I could think of was when I'd be able to tell Drucilla? That had to get me some sort of bonus in her world, right?

- Drucilla's Perspective -

"BANG, BANG, BANG!" The hideous sound of a hand I'd grown to know all too well over the past few weeks banged against the door. The man who had gone from sexy and mysterious to one of the men I hated to see at my door.

I slammed the door open, tying my robe, my face still unfazed from my prior slumber.

"Yes, Ender?" I questioned, my voice still slightly vulnerable. "Good-morning beautiful." I slumped against the door frame, the King seemed esthetic, his eyes glossing over the background of my home, peering in like a child on Christmas Eve.

"I have news.. and.." The tall bronze man struggled as he pulled out a bag of food from my favorite family-owned restaurant, "Thy Love."

"I brought food." He smirked, cocking a brow as I stepped back, opening the door fully for the cloaked man as he walked in. He sat the food down on my table, shrugging off his cloak and revealing his lean figure. As many times as I had seen him and tried to distract myself from my sexual desire for him I couldn't help but take in his beautiful features.

"Make yourself at home my, King." And he did just that, settled in fully, laughing as he expressed his success over the food he had brought for me. God damnit, every time the man smiled I felt like I could finally breathe.