Chapter 8

AMELIA POV

My shoulder hurt when I woke up. After a lot of persuasion and stern look from Vince, I compiled to the doctor to have blood work done for tests. I fell asleep after taking pain killers. I turn around to see Enzo dozing on the hospital couch peacefully.

Ever since I remembered Vince and Enzo had been there for us and providing everything we ask. All working hours, late night works, the tiredness in their face are all well-known to us.

Our parents are with us until I'm 5 year old. One day they went on a trip (atleast that's what they said) and after that they didn't return. I didn't even know whether they are alive or not but I have a little hope that they are somewhere alive. I asked my brothers about them everyday and received a simple they will return as response and Vince and Enzo didn't elaborate about their whereabouts nor my parents returned. When I fuzz about it they would just ignore or distract me from the topic. At one point I lost hope and didn't bother asking about them.

They would have returned if they are alive. I used to cry for them at nights and the nightmares about Vince leaving me all alone like my parents did are still haunting me. I know it won't happen but we don't know what future holds for us. I was more angry on my parents for leaving us to be responsible for each other. Vince had taken care of us all these years until now. To be frank I would listen to Vince more than my father if we were together. I respect and love him more than my father. My father used to be my hero until they left. He was just the best that I couldn't express in my words.

And now I forgot what it would be like having a father. But Vince is my hero, my brother, my father and everything. All my brothers are. They are love.

I don't want them to worry them for everything. I want to know the truth about what they are hiding. Who are those two persons and why do they want to kill me? What will they get by killing me except my ashes.

If I ask my brothers, they probably won't tell me anything.

Argghhh!!!

I tried to retrieve the water bottle without disturbing him, but the agony on my shoulder caused it to tumble on the floor just as I was about to get it.

"Lia! Your awake?" Enzo asked alerted. I just nod

"why didn't you wake me and how are you feeling?" he asked.

"Fine, but it hurts" I said pointing to my shoulders.

"Ok the reports are good but you have less hemoglobin levels and the low vitamin levels. There's no infection to the wound." he said as the knife they found is the rusted one. I nod again.

We sat in silence as he was adjusting IV.

"Who are those two people?" I broke the silence.

"They are some thieves who robbed a nearby house and hid at that part of your school" he said cautiously.

Seriously!!!

"Oh seriously! Let me recall something, 'Is that the Marino princess? Boss would be happy to see you' Why would he say that. Oh! yeah, the boss might be their head in robbery. Am I the thing they want to rob?" I sass back feeling the adrenaline rush in me not noticing people entering the room.

I look sideways to see Will, Ric and Reign. They are staring at me and Enzo confused as why am I speaking like that.

"I don't know what they spoke in front of you but that's the truth" he said annoyed.

"No! you are lying!!" I yelled back. Just as I finished my sentence a nurse came with some food and glass.

"We are not. Now, stop shouting and eat your food"