Chapter 14

Hello, I hope this story is making some sense. Feel free to share your views about anything regarding the story. Someone let me know if you feel the story is lagging or boring! 

And thanks for the 100 likes :)

_________________________

Amelia's POV

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling a warm ray of sunlight streaming through the window. The events of the previous night flooded back into my mind, and I realized that I had fallen asleep next to Vince, seeking comfort in his presence.

As I stirred, I heard a soft voice calling my name. It was Enzo, gently waking me for lunch. I sat up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes, and looked at him with a small smile.

"Hey, sleepyhead," Enzo said, his voice laced with affection. "Time to wake up and join us for lunch."

I stretched my arms above my head and yawned, feeling a mixture of exhaustion and lingering emotions from the previous night. "Thanks, Enzo," I replied, my voice still tinged with sleep. "I'll be there in a minute."

Enzo lingered for a moment, concern evident in his eyes. "Are you doing okay, Amelia?" he asked, his voice gentle.

I nodded, appreciating his thoughtfulness. "I'm getting there," I replied, mustering a small smile. Enzo smiled back, his eyes filled with warmth. "We're here for you, Amelia. Remember that," he reassured me.

As I got out of bed and started getting ready, I couldn't help but feel grateful for my brothers' support. Despite the challenges and uncertainties that lay ahead, knowing that I had their unwavering love and protection made me feel stronger.

As I entered the dining room, the atmosphere was a little tense. My brothers sat around the table, their expressions are serious than usual. It was evident that last night's revelations about our family's involvement in the mafia were still fresh in our minds.

"Fucking finally!" Will exclaimed, his mischievous grin widening.

I playfully rolled my eyes and took my seat at the table. "Sorry, I kept you all waiting."

Riccardo chuckled, leaning back in his chair. "Well, that's what happens when you decide to have a fucking revelation party with all of us."

Rude.

Vince shot him a glare. "Want to have a talk with me about the language to use in the house?" he asked in a deadly tone. Ric looked down focusing on the plate in front of him.

Enzo, always the peacemaker, intervened. "Alright, alright, let's not get there again. We're just glad you understood everything good and if you have any questions we'll try to answer. Ok?" referring to what Ric said.

I just nodded. 

After the light-hearted banter and a peaceful lunch, I excused myself from the table and made my way back to my room. The events of the past few days had left me emotionally drained, and I needed some time alone to process everything that had transpired.

As I closed the door behind me, I sank onto my bed, taking a deep breath to calm my racing thoughts. The silence of my room enveloped me, providing a much-needed respite from the chaos of our family's secret world.

I stared out the window, watching the gentle sway of the trees, and allowed my mind to wander. The weight of the truth we had uncovered still hung heavily on my shoulders, but I also felt a glimmer of hope. We were united as a family, standing strong in the face of adversity.

Eventually, the exhaustion caught up with me, and my eyelids grew heavy. I got on my bed and slipped beneath the covers, feeling the warmth and safety of my bed embrace me. The events of the day and the weight of our family's secret began to fade into the background as sleep washed over me.