𝟬𝟬𝟭 here comes the king

ミ☆ chapter one; here comes the king

Renza currently felt like an idiot.

She had spent the previous night in Shuri's lab working on another invention, as per usual. But the issue was, it was the night before Prince T'Challa was formally given the king title.

Shuri hadn't let her forget about it, and Renza didn't, of course. But, she did fall asleep in the lab and end up being woken up to the sound of drums. It was then that she had realized that she overslept and was missing it.

A lot of people were there, including her parents who were concerned on why their daughter wasn't with them. She wasn't sure how she'd explain she missed the crowning of a king just to finish off something that she could've worked on another time.

As much as Renza didn't want to admit it, it may have actually been worth it. After countless hours of throwing items out of anger, downing cups of coffee to remain awake, and pacing around the large building, the finished product actually worked.

She made something that would allow her to keep her abilities in check more effectively.

Renza was calmer when she was younger, which changed slightly as she grew. Her emotions getting the best of her was something that happened more often than it should, resulting in her nearly blowing up, quite literally. It had never happened before, and she didn't plan for it to, but she could never be too safe.

The only time she didn't fear such a thing from occurring was when night would fall. While her powers weren't entirely disabled, they weren't as strong. Renza had yet to figure out whether that was her fault or just the limits within her power.

Regardless, the Kwakye girl worked diligently for months to perfect the project. It was a secret one as well, so she'd have to make her own time. That wasn't easy. But that didn't matter anymore, because Renza had finally done it.

"Where have you been?"

The voice that had been laced with concern immediately grabbed the attention of the young engineer. Renza's eyes immediately snapped to the entrance of the lab, seeing none other than Shuri standing there. She wore a white dress, and one that fit her nicely.

"Oh, you noticed," She mumbled in response, placing her creation under her desk.

"Yes, I did," She confirmed, jogging down the stairs hastily and making her way to her friend's desk. "Answer my question."